Newb Question for Lightsaber Build

KayleeJade

Jr Member
I bought a cheep lightsaber because it was smaller and fit my hands better than most others. Now I'm finding cheep may be biting me in the butt. It does not light up nor does it have sounds. How would I go about moding it so that it does? I've tried unscrewing the bottom of the hilt, but it appears as if it does not come unscrewed. I'd also like to replace Vader 's red blade with one if my own making. Are there any good tutorials on how to go about that?

I'm a leaf on the wind.

For the price of modding, you could just go to Toys R Us or target and pick up a fully working one for under 40 bucks... they're like cheaper version of the EFX (is that right...?)... the ones that light up and have sounds...

For the price of modding, you could just go to Toys R Us or target and pick up a fully working one for under 40 bucks... they're like cheaper version of the EFX (is that right...?)... the ones that light up and have sounds...

Agreed. There is a lightsaber in every price range, and some pretty cheap ones with both light and sound, I'd save yourself the headache of modding the cheap one unless there was something very specific you liked about it that you couldn't find elsewhere.

Check out fx sabers.com, specifically their forum. There is a ton of info over there, and all your questions will be answered. Just out of curiosity, what saber are you wishing to mod?

I posted pictures in a different thread, appears my ap wasn't notifying me when people responded.
But for those who are interested, I picked this saber because it is smaller around and fits better in my hand, and the blade completely retracts. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423698843.185784.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1423698854.800633.jpg

I'm a leaf on the wind.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back