Newb Modifying Rubies Mask!

rlt0110

First post here, been following for a long time!
this is my first attempt at modifying a mask, so far I've made and attached some backer rod dreads.. there is only 30, will have to make about 10- 15 more for me to be comfortable with the look. Next I will make some quills and foam the inside of the mask to fit better

Screenshot_2014-10-20-03-25-06.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always used modded Rubies masks.  They are cheap, they're easy to get, and with just a little work they can end up looking pretty good.  :)

Thank you! I think it's turning out fairly nice for what I have invested into it. As for after the mask I am going to take the rubies bio and make it look battle damaged. Glowing blood and what not. Going to be at a few dark bars on Halloween, so I should be able to pull it off!

A problem with the Rubies bio mask is that it is very thin and flimsy, and gets damaged very easily. What I did to toughen it up a bit was take some cotton cloth and soak it in Elmers glue, and line the inside of the mas with it. It acted sort of like fiberglass (but not as heavy or expensive) to stiffen it up.

Small update. I printed the mesh over the eyes silver, and am in the process of adding red led lights.
Screenshot_2014-10-30-03-31-40.png

Screenshot_2014-10-30-03-31-55.png

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back