New to the forum and first post of...yes..ANOTHER Han Solo Blaster ( sorry in advance

oklahams

View attachment 436977
Just thought I'd share a few photos of the re-painting and a few other extras I did to complete
my Han Solo Blaster. Enjoy...

I started with this:
12-han-solo-blaster-gun-23c867b3_zps4dfd8bb6.jpg

I thought the disc was a little small so I made one from an ice tea cap:
IMG_5254_zps070763bf.jpg

All screw holes filled in, the blaster barrel was opened up, barrel tip was drilled out and
then all parts primed ( the small disc with holes was to fill in the inside barrel as I opened it up ):
IMG_5308_zps9c8022c0.jpg

I also decided to add this piece:
IMG_5315_zps06ce2923.jpg

Carved in the cartridge, holes drilled into handle for screws ( screw heads cut off ):
IMG_5328_zpsd96684f5.jpg IMG_5326_zpsf2e93528.jpg

Painted two tone black ( the scope was kept a gloss black ):
IMG_5371_zps2db2be31.jpg

Completed blaster with weathering:
L-Side_zps15c99cd6.jpg R-Side_zpsf8e46ac2.jpg

I plan to make a display case for it. I might also just make another one without the sound/battery.

Last edited:
Re: New to the forum and first post of...yes..ANOTHER Han Solo Blaster ( sorry in adv

Looks great!

That was my first idea too, the scope mount is there now!

Re: New to the forum and first post of...yes..ANOTHER Han Solo Blaster ( sorry in adv

Oklahams, great looking build.

I have to go back and do what you did to the lower receiver. The new disk certainly makes it less Rubies like and the tea top is a 'garbage' part.

You might want to look at the grips on a real broomhandle mauser to see where the wood begins and ends. You only painted the center portion and for me, it's really throwing the look off.

That iced tea cap was a very cool idea for the disc. I recently bought one of these white and orange blasters when I dressed up like Han for the Star Wars 10K. This post is inspiring me to attempt something similar. :)

I dressed up a Rubies blaster a couple of years ago. Fun project. I wanted it to look like there was a lens in the large end of the scope. Here's what I came up with:

I don't have a pic of the exact part, but I used the clear, round bumper "feet" you'd put on the bottom of an object so as not to scratch the surface it was sitting on. I'll see if I can find the packaging when I'm at home later.

I poked around the edges of the bumper to wedge it into the slide pull. After a few minutes, the middle pops up giving the appearance of a convex lens.

@ Fly4v: Thanks. I was looking around for parts and I liked the way the center of that cap looked.
Since finding it, I've been saving more caps for future projects!

@ Mara Jade:
Thanks for the tip! I see what you mean.
Guess I have some more work ahead of me on this.

@SpiderBilly: Glad to be any kind of inspiration ( especially on this forum! ).

@ Coop: Dang Coop, that looks AWESOME!!
THANKS for filling me in on that great addition!!

Last edited:

@ Mara Jade: Thanks for the tip! I see what you mean.
Guess I have some more work ahead of me on this.

I did the same thing on a nuBSG sidearm once. I thought I knew where the brown coloring went but I was wrong. And I've made similar mistakes too. I have learned to keep a picture/image of the prop I am replicating handy when building because I find I make many assumptions and my memory is not as good as I think it is.

From your photos, I am not sure if you did this but if not; you should do a black and dark brown wash on the grips it helps the detailing pop and lessen the perfect appearance on a prop that is weathered everywhere else. If you did that, please disregard.

... From your photos, I am not sure if you did this but if not; you should do a black and dark brown wash on the grips it helps the detailing pop and lessen the perfect appearance on a prop that is weathered everywhere else. If you did that, please disregard.

I took those photos before I had a chance to weather it. :(

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back