"NEW TESB" YODA head (Completed)

Cyberman

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I've been working, on and off, on this head sculpt based on the Stuart Freeborn version of Yoda... The Master version as I call it. The trick being to capture not just a good likesness but the essence of Yoda or his Character.

In trying to do this I've used a similiar water based clay to Freeborn and tried to capture not just the proportions but the skin texture and style of the Artists work (or approach). Not every wrinkle is in the right place (as that would take forever) but I've tried to get at least 60 - 70% of these accurate.

I've decided to show off a few angles of this creation to get your views and feedback.. If you need to know anything else about this work please don't hesitate to ask.

My plan is to create a solid cast version of this work for a client and a Latex puppet version to use on tour with a charity fundraising group in the UK.

Cheers

Cyb.

looks great, i wish you had colour photos tho, the black and white makes it look like zombie yoda.lol.

seriously, looks really great

<div class='quotetop'>(fettster @ Jun 4 2006, 02:18 PM) [snapback]1255925[/snapback]</div>
looks great, i wish you had colour photos tho, the black and white makes it look like zombie yoda.lol.

seriously, looks really great
[/b]

LOL

The clays a browny red colour so I thought it might thow you - so better to show it off in B&W

Nice to see this revealed at last Cyb.
Excellent work on the texturing - very reminiscent of Stuart Freeborn's work. He'd be proud of you.
I can't wait to see what a latex version looks like.

Chris

fantastic job, bud.

It's nice to see someone go for the open-mouth look as well. That add's a lot of authenticity to the piece and gives it a real "screen used" kind of feel :D

If you can, post some shots from the front at eye level... your shots are all from sides and above.

Tom

AWESOME...

I´m working on a CKING Yoda right now and thought it would be the best, but yours looks like a serious competitor for the yoda throne :):thumbsup

Markus

Any chance you could do these in tinted silicon as an alternative to latex??? This thing is so beautiful I would hate to see it dry rot. And you can't punch hair on solid cast. Also, if the solid cast one is not hollow, how would one go about putting in glass eyes?

Dave :)

If these become available, I'd love one. Looks great.
I'll be at the exhibit today or tomorrow. Let me know if you want any close up pics or solid orthographic view shots (front, profile, rear, etc...)

Thanks guys for the encouragement.

I'll consider all ideas about molding this... is it possible to pull a silicone head out of a silicone mold?

Cheers

Phil

PS... If anyone needs to know anything more about this creation please feel free to PM me

<div class='quotetop'>(GINO @ Jun 4 2006, 04:55 PM) [snapback]1256000[/snapback]</div>
If these become available, I'd love one. Looks great.
I'll be at the exhibit today or tomorrow. Let me know if you want any close up pics or solid orthographic view shots (front, profile, rear, etc...)
[/b]

Hi GINO..

Try and get some clear shots of the back of the head and the side... I'm especially struggling with views of the areas behind the ears and neck and the top of the head from the back. Other than that just real close views of the eyes to see if I've missed anything.

All the best, and thanks.

Cyb.

:eek WOW. That is some mighty impressive work. Looking forward to more updates, and the opportunity to get a casting :thumbsup

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back