New Superman Costume

I'm going to hold my judgement till I see more pictures. I really loved the Returns suit...So it's going to be hard to beat. He does not look very Superman-like to me either...So we'll see...

I must agree. It looks like it would be a great if it was for another superhero, but i must see a bit more before i can render my opinion. I really liked the Superman Returns outfit also. I grew up with Christopher Reeve as Superman and i really like the homage Brandon Rough and Bryan Singer paid him and the movies i grew up on. ill hold my vote till later

6974-superman-returns2.jpg

he looks like evil superman from bizarroworld :) seriously he looks like a bad guy in that shot, seems like they want him to be bad ass like wolverine or batman...

First impression is I like the suit. Love the cape and the enlarged "S" especially in comparison to the shrunken S on the Returns suit. Also, never really cared for that little "S' on the Returns belt.
Not too sure I"m like the look of the new Superman though. At first I thought this was a faked photo with some generic actor, but I guess it is the real deal.
Hard to judge though with 1 photo. I hated the tdk suit upon seeing the intial pics, but now I like it.

It's only one picture so it's hard to judge, but I'll risk it ...

1st impression is what does Hollywood have against colour ? Everything is now dark and muted and you don't see any bright colours on screen anymore, heck you don't see colours anymore, it's all beiges, tans, dull metallics and skies seem uniformly grey.

2nd impression : Thank God this is not another Donner fanwank (apologies to the original fans)

3rd impression : What's with the textures these days ? Is there a guy like the Punisher going around in Hollywood putting a huge gun to people's heads growling in a low voice "More textures ..."

4rd impression it's so over-designed, remember when gadgets and cool things were incidental and not a staple ? It made them special, memorable and exciting.

Thats another thing !!! why Zod, why not brainiac or metallo, superman has a such a rich history of villains, just seems a sad waste of rich history

I don't think he's got the hang of his heat vision. He's singed off his eyebrows.

Not a fan of the texture, the cape looks like he's getting ready to trip on it & the colors are too "edgy are dark". I do like the boots though.

Did they do away with the signature curl in his hair? I think if they just slightly tweaked the Superman Returns suit, i.e., less bikini undies, a little more substance to the suit (especially in the abdomen and chest area), it would have been perfect.

This Superman......................how I want this to work. I need to see more photos first as well.

I like that muted colours take away from the campiness associated with a spandex suit...and I like texture, again, to take away from campiness associated with a spandex suit.

But he kinda looks like a frozen, plucked chicken...

Did the new Spider-Man make that suit for him...?

Hate the texture and the 3-D shield, but overall I'm glad they stuck with the traditional suit (more or less). Still, it hardly looks like something Ma Kent cobbled together from his Kryptonian blankets.

I don't like the patterning on the suit. Even looks like the guy is wearing bracers.

Don't even get me started on the actor's look. He looks like Bizzaro Superman to me.

I just don't think he fits the part. It's like they just went out and found a dark haired random guy and threw him in. At least Routh had a little bit of the Reeves wholesomeness to him.

Based on what we can see in the picture, I have no problems with it. I agree that Brandon Routh doesn't get nearly enough credit for SR, but I always found him to look a bit slight for Supes.

I know Routh is tall, and in real life, probably looks very impressive next to an average Joe, but for Superman, I think I prefer Henry Cavill's slightly larger frame. That having been said, I still wish Routh had been given another chance with this film.

The thing with Cavill is that, to me, he looks a lot like Ioan Gruffudd, so I keep seeing Reed Richards in a Superman suit.

But, in all, I'm more worried about Snyder getting the characterization right than I am about anything I see in this pic.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back