New suit concept 2010

TUSKY

Rogue Predator

That is the name I gave a pred character in a story I wrote six months after P2 came out.
He ignores the rules of the hunt and nearly all of the “codes “ that most of the predator clans follow.
Now days he would be called a “Bad Blood”

In the first treatment I knocked out, he came to earth to hunt, but also to get his revenge on a predator elder, which he knew would be sent after him.
The Elder does follow with a ship of seasoned hunters to eliminate any and all traces of the Rogue.
Of course, humans get caught up in the mix, couple of Police Detectives (remembering P2 was still fresh in mind)
And a few scumbag drug lord types.
Over the course of the tale, said Rogue kills humans and preds left right and centre, untill the final confrontation with the Elder and a lone surviving detective in a under construction building.
Spiderman 3 pissed me off when that came out,… :D

Somehow the SWAT turn up and the detective orders them to surround the building but not enter!
Of said SWAT rush in, after half the fight and make a mess of things (wounding the Elder)
The Elder with alittle help from the Detective manages to kill the rogue and smash his skull, (big shame on him)
As in P2 the Elder calls the ship and gives the cop a trophy (can’t recall what it was) and all is well.

I still have part of the script around (printout of Act 1)
When I get the time I will re type it and fix some of the errors.

We even did a rough cut on VHS of the first act, with predator costume and very bad FX.
Unfortunately that has gone to the tip along time ago.

I am thinking of making the costume of the rogue.
The sketch is just a basic look, no detail to the skin, armour or decorations
Looking at basing the look on the P2, at this point, will see with way to wants to go.
Will probably start off with the hands first,. Something nice and small.
My frustrations with the aborted scratch build have been sorted out
http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showtopic=4701

Hopefully if I aim for at least 2 years I should be able to get this done (allowing for life stuff to pop up) :cry:
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee172/p...tusk/img001.jpg

The armor is like a P1 version of the P2 armor...looks great. The skull/spine wrapped around the spear is a good touch as well.

The armor is like a P1 version of the P2 armor...looks great. The skull/spine wrapped around the spear is a good touch as well.
Thanks.
Yeah i was influenced by old "pussy Face" :D
I had made the spear as well but back then it didn't make alot of sense.
Nowadys it does make a statement about how far this pred has strayed from the codes to deface a trophy.
A pred that does not follow the way of the hunter is a very dangerous preadtor indeed.
Well that's my way of thinking :cry:

Here's a sketch i started yesterday of one of his hands.
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee172/p...GEHANDDRAFT.jpg
Nothing too detailed but an idea of what the skin, spots and claws might look like.
The cut out pattern on the back of the glove is an angled block version of the tri lazer.
I also tried different types of spot patterns and a few randoms as well.
The crazy cracking is a different type of skin patterning that i have been thinking of for awhile.
Some of it does look like netting.
If i can find some colourd pencils i might try some colour, not good with MSpaint :)

Eeew, fingers as trophys!
I like the concept you have going here, the gloves looks good with that tri-laser cut out and the armor flows very well. :D

Thanks Nicole
Yeah the fingers were meant to be from the two Cops killed in the begining of the story.
He did collect a lot of body parts as trophies by the conclusion of the story, but it ended up quite gory :D

cool sketches, like the sketch you did while waiting in the car.
Yeah i'm fond of it too
Funny how some of the quick sketches work out the best.

Finished the colouring of Rogue this morning, only working with colouring pencils so my pallet is limited.
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee172/p...louredRouge.jpg
But it does "flesh" it out for me.
The armour colour is not the best, it has given me further ideas
Hopefully soon i might start sculpting one the hands to see if this will live.
Time will tell.

Dug out an older concept that goes way back to the Original Predator script "Hunter".
I bought the novel when i first saw P1 and was inspired by the tool the pred uses to sharpen his spear,
it is also in the script:

"Responding with a low HISS, he turns back, raising in
one hand his weapon, in the other a U-shaped SHARPENING
DEVICE. As he passes the weapon through the device, it
FLASHES into life, a deep, HARMONIC HUM emitted as the
blade grows with energy, growing hotter, hotter and
HOTTER with each stroke. He draws the blade now WHITE-HOT
through the device for the last stroke. He lifts
it, testing its balance, the WHITE-HOT blade
illuminating his alien face."

I roughly drew a concept and threw it in a draw.
P2 came around and i saw the darts he used, this reminded about the blade sharpener.
I have re drawen the concept and added colour and some predator runes to make it look "predish"
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee172/p...adesharpner.jpg
I am thinking of adding this to Rogue Predator
What do you guys think?

DISCLAMER: I do not claim ownership of the above text/script "written by John & Jim Thomas 1986."

Looking good with that pattern! Maybe a slight heel would be good for the feet?
And good luck on the sculpt!

Thanks Nicole :)
Just hunting around for some plaster to make the positive to sculpt the hand onto.
Haven't bought plaster in ages,...surprised at the price increase :eek:
Oh well time to break out the pennies

As mentioned in my original post, the concept of Rogue is from a story.

Here is the revised "Prologue" before act one.
This scene is of the Elder Predator in his quarters, travelling to Earth to confront the "Rogue"

PREDATOR: TRIBAL WARFARE
By J.S
Prologue

The creature sat on the edge of it’s resting stone, yellows eyes fixed on something beyond sight.
A smoulder lies just beneath the surface, ready to explode in savage and unrelenting violence.
The heavy burden of the task ahead weighty on it’s massive shoulders. All around him he could sense the other beings on the ship performing the tasks of the day, but he cared not.
Even the fact that “his” ship was travelling faster than light did not deter him from his thoughts.

All is irrelevant until his task is completed.
He cannot fail; if he does all honour is lost. Not just his, but his entire clan.

With all the skill of his long and eventful life he begins to bring his biological functions to their normal controlled state.
Moments pass before he rises to his feet.

He glances around his sparse quarters, soon he will leave this place and if he returns triumphant he will reclaim his place as the master of this vessel.

Two strides bring him before his weapon racks. All are tools of the hunt, but if need they are weapons of warefare.
His claws glide over many bizarre weapons then stops over a bronze object half a meter long and the thickness of a mans forearm. Razor sharp spikes adorn either end.
Holding it before him he clicks his mandibles and squeezes the cylinder, one and a half meters of sharped metal extends with a snap from either end of the “handle”.

This spear has seen many, many hunts.
It is older than he and will exist long after he has taken his final hunt.

With skill and confidence born through pratice the hunter begins his ritual of readiness for the coming hunt.

I should look at restoring the entire story at somestage

Nice little story you got there. And conceptart! The armor and such flows well, and the nose of the bio is pretty cool. But he lost the finger necklace...

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back