New Star Wars Costumes: The Original Trilogy Book by the creator of the RPF!

Nice addition to my little Star Wars corner. Unfortunately my slip cover got a bit banged up during shipping so I'm going to get a replacement. Fantastic book.

19968907339_7f2aa92d4a_c.jpg

I recently bought this. Is there ever going to be a digital version of this? I would hate it if all these great reference pictures were lost forever once all the physical copies are gone.

Hi guys,

I'm afraid I have no other photos that I can share and I'm not aware of any plans to release an e-Book or any other related content at this time.

I would have loved to show all sides of every piece, but we only had so much space in the book...!

Thanks to those of you who have posted reviews on Amazon.

All the best,
Brandon

Well that is disappointing for me. I'll have to back everything up myself by taking pictures of everything in the book.

Well that is disappointing for me. I'll have to back everything up myself by taking pictures of everything in the book.
If you really want to archive everything in the book, I’d suggest purchasing another copy and scanning each individual photo (this may damage the book). I’m not sure how legal this is, but it’s what I’d do if I wanted to ensure that the photos are preserved.

If you really want to archive everything in the book, I’d suggest purchasing another copy and scanning each individual photo (this may damage the book). I’m not sure how legal this is, but it’s what I’d do if I wanted to ensure that the photos are preserved.

I'm not concerned with the legality.

Why can't this guy release all the photos?

I'm not concerned with the legality.

Why can't this guy release all the photos?

When you get access to the archives you also get to sign Non-Disclosure Agreements and Confidentiality Agreements. Not worth it to release things you said you wouldn’t release and risk legal and financial repercussions.

When you get access to the archives you also get to sign Non-Disclosure Agreements and Confidentiality Agreements. Not worth it to release things you said you wouldn’t release and risk legal and financial repercussions.

Has anybody asked them about getting the digital photos released?

As he's stating above, the photos in the book are the ones LFL cleared for release.....

I had an awesome conversation with him at Celebration the year the book was released, incredibly nice guy.

And for those that might not know, this "Guy" was the original founder of the RPF.

Thanks for all you've done Brandon.

I'm fairly new to the RPF and very new to Star Wars costuming (save for the scratch-built Vader costume I made for myself for Halloween 1977) and I just received this book for Christmas and it's fantastic!

Many thanks Brandon, for everything, the RPF and this wonderful book!

As people are saying the photos are spectacular and artistic. The book accomplishes something that's rarely seen: a Coffee Table Book that's also scholarly.

Are there other editions beside German and English?

I especially liked the closeup photo of the darned faux-repair on Obi-Wan's tunic. I think his robe covers it throughout the film.

One thing that went by without mention was the odd fact that ANH Luke Skywalker's belt has a lightsaber hook prior to him being given his first lightsaber. For sure if I were the costumer and I read the script and saw that Luke's belt needs a hook for the scene when he and Old Ben are entering the Cantina I would have built his belt that way, but it does make for a puzzling picture when Ben gives Luke his first lightsaber and the two of them already have matching hooks.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back