New Star Wars Costumes: The Original Trilogy Book by the creator of the RPF!

Finally got my book in on Saturday. Awesome stuff in it. My only complaints are that there were no pictures of Nien Nunb in his B-wing pilot flightsuit (or pictures of Nien at all, even though he's mentioned a few times in text) as I would have really liked to have gotten a good look at his chestbox, and that there were no pictures of the right side of the B-wing pilot helmets. Why do people always take pictures of the left side of helmets and never take any of the right side? Drives me crazy. :p

The preview video for the book does briefly show the right side of one B-wing pilot helmet, but considering all of the helmets had a different set of greeblies, I would have really liked to have seen more pictures of the right side. Makes it really hard to make replicas without more pictures...

I was hoping they might have close ups of the pouch on Obi-Wan's belt, and Luke's ROTJ belt. Oh well.

Well I just got done with my first thumb though. I really like the writing style. It's informative yet short enough that I'm not losing interest in the information presented. The pictures are some of the best and there are a ton that are new. It's going to take time to fully digest this book. I will say I was really surprised by the true color of Han's hoth coat. I have always thought it was blue. A must have in your collection.

Was hopeing for more details on Jedi belts and obi wan boots but otherwise a great read!
The pictures are stunning and the new info is amazing!!!!!
Great job folks.

Really a treasure trove of information! But I´d have liked to see more "backs", i.e. the backside of the costumes and i.e. the Rebel pilot helmets. I hope that the potentially released video documentary may have costume turnarounds in it.

I know, I know, you give people your pinkey and they rip your arm out, Wookiees or not ...

I hope everything works out well for you. Just out of curiosity, why would you not want the German language version? Are there differences in content between the English and German two?

Yeah.
I got it today. And it isn't damaged like the other one.So the packaging wasn't better either.

Thumbed through and it does look great. Will start reading this evening.

I got mine, the top front corner was a bit crumpled (stupid Amazon) but no biggie. This is an AMAZING book! There are a few things that aren't in here I'd love pictures on, but...they just don't exist any more, I guess. I also was pleasantly surprised at how much text there is; I'm a big reader, and I love SW info, so while the pics are cool, the great text is where I feel I'm getting more than my money's worth. But as for the pictures, damned if there are things I've never seen before, and I LOVE it. You're a lifelong SW geek, you get thinking you've seen and know it all. Getting new info is definitely feeding my need. I'm halfway through the final (ROTJ) section in one long sitting, and I'm already pumped to get home and finish. Damn work.

Just got mine at a 25% discount so well pleased! Best coffee table book I've seen in a long, long time and some great shots in close of stuff I've been wanting to see for ages

Just out of curiosity, why would you not want the German language version? Are there differences in content between the English and German two?

For my part it´s "going to the original source", i.e. I don´t trust translations too much. And if we talk about stuff here on the RPF it´s really handy to know the English term and not re-translate stuff ;)

For my part it´s "going to the original source", i.e. I don´t trust translations too much. And if we talk about stuff here on the RPF it´s really handy to know the English term and not re-translate stuff ;)

Ah, I see. My thought pattern was that your native language would just be easier to understand since it comes naturally first... But since you've put it that way, I guess the native language of Star Wars is indeed English and there may not be literal translations for certain things.

Thanks for the input! :)

Got mine. It's like the Star Wars book I've always wanted but thought I'd never have. It's like the second coming or on the 8th day God created this book. ;)

Well done Brandon. 2 big thumbs up.

I have one question though. Were you guys not allowed to have a full ANH Stormtrooper get up on a mannequin?I thought for sure it would be in there. There's great pics of an ROTJ stormtrooper on the mannequin and the ANH stuff is there in the archives.All other prominent characters are displayed that way. I was a little suprised.

Also I can see why people's books are getting damaged by Amazons packaging. They used to box them so there was room between the book and the outer box. Now it's just the book against the outer walls. An idiot can see that will cause damage. I got at survey request about thier packaging so I'm going to let em have it with my opinion. I got slightly dented corners on the top but nothing I can't live with.

Anyway my my favourite book next to chronicles. :)

Ben

This is an incredible book with a ton of detail shots. I haven' had much time off from work in the last few weeks, but when I do I am going to be glued to this thing!

Incidentally, for those of you who don't order a lot of big hardcovers online, the bad packaging is typical Amazon. What always happens is enough people complain, they stop shipping the book while they "review their packaging" and then they start shipping again with a properly sized box/plastic wrap/whatever. I've seen it four or five times. Kinda lame.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back