New Spider-Man 3 Costume

BrandtFX

Hey everyone,

I just thought I would show this to everyone. Im already working with a costume maker for this, Im going to try to get it ready for the X3 premiere.

spider-man.jpg

What do you guys think?

-Mike

looks like crap.

actually, just looks like sony ripped off the sin city look for thier teaser poster for s3.

doesnt he have enough sense to come in outta the rain?

chris

i like the poster it shows that bad times are coming, also it is not a black and white poster, he is wearing a black suit in the 3 movie :D .

Looks like Spidie and Batman had a love child. :eek:

Further spoiler allert... maybe... possibly?

I'm not a Spider expert by any stretch of the imagination (I'm really not much of a Spiderman fan at all), but isn't the black costume the Venom story arch? Some kind of symbiotic creature that first enhances Spidie's powers and then tries to take over his mind?

sorta, with the way marvel rewrites history on a weekly basis its hard to pin down.

so far, it didnt really enhance his powers, just gave him a neat costume, but it also started to mess with his mind (he would wake up web swinging across the city). he hit up reed richards who discovered that the costume was alive, and wanted to bond with him. he freaked, they got the alien off, it landed on eddie brock, made him venom (and spidey blind to venom danger via spidey sense), and gave brock most of spideys powers.

apparently now though, the suit gave eddie cancer, and its an adrenaline junkie, and it eats people, and was in antartica (sp?)

dont ask me, i dont friggin know.

in the ultimates universe, it started out as a project peter and eddies dads were working on as a "cure all" suit, but when peter tried it out with his newly messed up DNA (suit was keyed to parkers DNA, daddy, not kid), the suit freaked him out, worked as a costume for a little bit, went haywire, absorbed eddie, was hit by lightining, dissappeared. also, part of the suit was being tested on by doc conners, and it escaped, became carnage, killed a lot of people, and pretty much ruint spideys good fun happy time days. oh yea, it killed gwen stacy too.

shes in the new film, so expect her to buy it. she didnt last long in the comics (either main universe or ultimates).

but, back to the idea of the poster. its interesting, but it really isnt a good "teaser" poster. after spidey 2 (where peter cried in almost every scene we could see his face), seeing a depressed spiderman doesnt really make me wanna go see the film. sin city's look worked for sin city. it doesnt work for spidey. least not for me.

chris

In the old comics, spidey got the suit while in some galatic war in space. The suit made Peter stronger, it could changed into any thing he wanted to wear, it made it's own webbing (peter makes his out of some chemicals in the comics). But it also drives him crazy, and is feeding off of him. He gets rid of it, but it finds it's way to Eddie Brock, Brock becomes Venom because of his hatred for Peter Parker, and the suit hates Peter also, Brock learns from the suit that Peter is Spider Man so that makes Venom hunt Spidey. At one pointe Brock goes to Jail and is in a cell next to the crazy man who becomes Carnage, Mesphito (SP?) makes a deal with the crazy guy to give him unlimited powers in exchange to do his bidding. Mesphito makes Brock's suit/alien spawn an offspings that latches to the crazy guy and becomes Carnage. Brock's suit also spawns at least one other "child" that becomes Shriek. Venom eventually becomes good and joins with Peter to fight Carnage, afterwords Venom still hates Peter but tries to do good things like Spider Man. He just isn't as good at it as Spidey.

Ok, let's address this Sin City thing:
1. It's campy, and is part of a larger world of film noir/comic noir. It's not supposed to be that original, so nothing to really rip off. And it's way more of a Underworld poster look-alike :p
2. Is he depressed, or out for a little blood? As I recall, the black suit Spidey had a slight problem with aggression and extreme moodiness.
3. It's a guy in the rain, stormy weather is a great visual for the tone.

Yeah, the costume is black. I think it looks pretty good. I'm glad they left all the details the other suit had and didnt' jsut make it plain black like in the cartoons and some comics.
What I think they're gonna do is have Sandman and maybe hobgoblin in this one, then they're gonna finish this movie with spidey getting rid of the symbiot and it finding brock which will lead us into spidey 4. You cna't have too many villians in one movie.

I agree. I makes sense that the symbiot would emulate what peters idea of the costume is. Since it cant emulate pigment it is just a black and white version of his suit. Perhaps when Brock gets the suit it will emulate his ideal costume. Teeth and all :love

That's spider-man with the symbiot already part of him, hence the black suit. I don't think we'll be seeing Venom in this movie.

Merge?
Off topic thread

My 2 cents is at first I was not happy. I think it is too far removed from the comic but he got the suit in Secret Wars and was thinking of Spider-Woman's black and white design at the time. Since neither exists in the Spider-man movie reality, I can accept this as long as the story is good and Peter just doesn't "color" the suit.

Greg

He doesn't. There have been different origins. The symbiot is what colors the suit, and once he gets rid of it, it goes back to being red and blue.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back