New Predator 2 style head!!

Hellstrok

Got this puppy for Christmas! :rolleyes: I believe him to be a Predator 2 Style head, i dont know where its from or who made it, nor do i know how much it cost, so please dont ask!
Just have a few questions about it too...
1. How do i go about cutting the back of it along the neck to fit it over my head,
2. How about the eyes? What is the best way to cut out the eyes?

Thank and i hope you like him!! :D

2010_12_26_23.51.57.jpg

2010_12_26_23.52.10.jpg

congrats buddy!
you got there a Jeff whenkel mask

I've used scisors and a belt hole puncher for my masks
1 I measure the length of the slit(I usually go for a 5" slit)
2 once you measure and mark the slit, get the hole puncher and punch a whole at the end of the marked slit
3 cut the slit till you reach the hole you've punched.

the reason I sue a hole puncher it's to avoid the slit runing over with the pass of time.

for the eyes I use an exacto knife I start at the corner of the eye and just keep on following the eyelid line. a few people opt against this due to having some accidents and not cutting them right but I think as long as you take your time and be careful it should be alright

good luckl and let us know how it goes

congrats buddy!
you got there a Jeff whenkel mask

I've used scisors and a belt hole puncher for my masks
1 I measure the length of the slit(I usually go for a 5" slit)
2 once you measure and mark the slit, get the hole puncher and punch a whole at the end of the marked slit
3 cut the slit till you reach the hole you've punched.

the reason I sue a hole puncher it's to avoid the slit runing over with the pass of time.

for the eyes I use an exacto knife I start at the corner of the eye and just keep on following the eyelid line. a few people opt against this due to having some accidents and not cutting them right but I think as long as you take your time and be careful it should be alright

good luckl and let us know how it goes

Alright thank you for the information, i will get most of that finished this week, maybe even the painting :D

just showing that it is ready to wear, He is painted mostly now, but here is a little pic to let you know that i have been working!

He is NOT painted like the P2 however... I am painting him in my own way! The colors are alike but not exaaaactly the same. I shall have pics soooon!

Oh, and i have to thank biohunter76 Sooo much for the dreadlocks, cant wait to get 'em and put them on :)

2011_01_03_11.31.45.jpg

Around his eyes is now black and i have painted his teeth and his skin has been washed in an ink to darken the brown.

This is the first time i have ever painted something like this. So i think i did pretty good :) I hope you all like him!

2011_01_03_17.19.05.jpg

2011_01_03_17.19.21.jpg

2011_01_03_17.19.31.jpg

Comming along nicely mate, as Lee said nice tones. Are you using this for display or to wear, reason I ask is for display the eyes how you have them will look great with glass eyes in. But for me personally if it is to be worn I cut the eyes out a little further removing the preds eye lids also and use make up on my eye lids and around my eyes to blend in with the mask, so my eyes become part of the mask instead of a mask with me trying to peer through a pred eye lid that just doesnt look right to me as the eye doesnt sit close enough to th eye lid on the mask to make it look real.
Now this is just the way I do it, and not the be all and end all way of doing it. It just works better for me :)

Keep the pics comming mate

Comming along nicely mate, as Lee said nice tones. Are you using this for display or to wear, reason I ask is for display the eyes how you have them will look great with glass eyes in. But for me personally if it is to be worn I cut the eyes out a little further removing the preds eye lids also and use make up on my eye lids and around my eyes to blend in with the mask, so my eyes become part of the mask instead of a mask with me trying to peer through a pred eye lid that just doesnt look right to me as the eye doesnt sit close enough to th eye lid on the mask to make it look real.
Now this is just the way I do it, and not the be all and end all way of doing it. It just works better for me :)

Keep the pics comming mate

Yes that is how i wanted him to look. However what ever kind of cut i made looked kinda dorkus. But my eyes are close enough when wearing him so it works well ^^

I used special KRYLON spray paint with gloss. Now dont worry i have a rubber sealer on him so the paint wont come off and look melted :)

ooh damn. i hope it doesn't for you but, the Krylon can still crack under the rubber sealer. think of it this way. you have a flexible layer then a stiff layer (krylon paint) then a flexible layer. so like a windshield. there is a coat of flexible material on each side keeping the windsheild from shattering but it can still crack.

ooh damn. i hope it doesn't for you but, the Krylon can still crack under the rubber sealer. think of it this way. you have a flexible layer then a stiff layer (krylon paint) then a flexible layer. so like a windshield. there is a coat of flexible material on each side keeping the windsheild from shattering but it can still crack.

I know this, it has stayed very flexible and has shown no sign of cracking. I am also ready to touch him up if the paint gets really bad. I have no money or an air brush and the new paint containers. So i had to use spray paint. Luckily this is a very fine paint so its not realy realy thick and messy.

I bought the same mask off ebay already painted and I'm still waiting for it. He said I would get it this week,we will see. His name is John. Ebay user name is jkaiju.

I bought the same mask off ebay already painted and I'm still waiting for it. He said I would get it this week,we will see. His name is John. Ebay user name is jkaiju.

Same with me, but i got a raw one. Ive been waiting since the 17th December 2010, and i was promised a tracking number twice but got nothing. Things are starting to look dicey, but i cant say for sure. He replies to my emails, so thats a good sign.

Back on topic though, its a cool looking mask and i hope to get mine soon

I have been waiting since Nov.21. I just wish he would send mask or my money back no harm done. I'm new on this site and I think all you guys and girls are great. We need to take care of each other so we don't get ripped off.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back