New Movie Ideas for Hollywood

i swear i came up with a story about a family that went to America and became a feared criminal institute.
than i saw the godfather....:lol

i do write short stories as hobby though and through the years came better at it. working with a publisher now to see if there is anything possible.
still cant get over it how writers of SG U could mess up such a brilliant concept and have the series dead in two seasons. comon, a crew so far from earth, anything was possible but they screwed it with idiotic plots and problems to much earth related and as seen in a gazzilion other series.

sequel for cast away: Tom Hanks does go back to the artist he brought the last parcel too, gets maried and have some kids. they grow up to be complete ^&#$holes and to show them what life is about Tom dumps them kids on "his" island.

ow, and what happend to the locomotive time machine? .......................... :D.

Last edited:
Here's a nice idea:

Al Pacino, Robert DeNiro, Sean Connery, Robert Duvalle, and Michael Caine play retired mob enforcers who get sick of modern gangsters and decide to go on a roaring rampage of revenge after one of their former associates gets killed in a home invasion. Sometimes old school is the best school.

an invasion of earth by some alien race, but seeing it from alien perspective.

Thats one I've wanted to see. There are so many variations can be done on this too. Are the aliens freindly and us hostile, are they hostile and we're overwhelmed at first come good in the end etc, but seeing that play out from the alien perspective would be very interesting. If done well you could stir up some empathy for the aliens, a bit of backstory showing why theyre here etc would be cool to see.

I think if it was done though, people and citics would just complain about the sociopolitical context that humans were portrayed in.

Here's a nice idea:

Al Pacino, Robert DeNiro, Sean Connery, Robert Duvalle, and Michael Caine play retired mob enforcers who get sick of modern gangsters and decide to go on a roaring rampage of revenge after one of their former associates gets killed in a home invasion. Sometimes old school is the best school.
Sounds a little bit like Harry Brown but with more Harrys.

I would say don't get too worried that it's not totally original. No art is entirely original or we'd still be painting on cave walls. The idea is to take whats come before and find a way to take it in a new direction. The problem with reboots is that while some of them are very good, they start with a handicap in my book because you're asking me to give your creativity the benefit of the doubt when you can't even do the minimal amount of making it your own.

Also, while the criticisms of your ideas are all valid, I always try to remember the most important advice I ever got: While you can always find something wrong with it (and believe me, I love nitpicking stories...it's the main reason I even come to forums like this, to crap on other peoples art for fun and giggles), at the end of the day, art that got made always beats the idea that never happened. A crappy script you wrote is always a better work of art than the good script you talked about one night at Denny's but never did anything with.

Besides, if you set aside an hour or two a night to just put words on paper, you may find that you enjoy it for it's own sake.

Besides, if you set aside an hour or two a night to just put words on paper, you may find that you enjoy it for it's own sake.

thats why i do write. not because im good at it or i have the best imagination in the world but i just enjoy it. and i am pretty sure i have writen stuff no one else has. at least as i know of, i read lot too. like i mentioned i dont always write from human point of view, but also from the alien point of view, so cant get more fictional than that. best part of that you dont realy have to follow the standard rules.

sadly i dont have a darn clue about scriptwriting.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back