New Lair Banner for 2009

carlart

Hey folks, as talk of Lair attendance at cons are increasing, I thought it was time to pose an important question----do you guys want to make a new banner for this year, or do you want to update the existing one that Kithunter has? If so, he can send it to me for alteration if that's what you guys want to do. I think we ought to continue what we started last year, passing the banner on to those who will be attending each con and so on, and so on.
Whatever we decide, it's gotta be done soon.

Here's last year's (top graphic) and what this year's could look like (bottom graphic):
Banners.jpg

DragonCon-Parade.jpg

Carlart,

I like the "convention clan " (but this would need updating each year)

When is the next convention; how long would it take to make the new one versus having the existing one sent to you for updating? (what update would be done for this one?)

you have my support, whichever path is taken :p

---
Ei'luj

EDIT: Carl, I think you meant change the existing one to read "convention clan " instead of the "remembers Stan Winston" right?

I know Stan was the person behind the Predator. But myself personally I think its time for taking the whole memorial stuff off. And get back to this being remembered as a Predator costuming forum. Just my two cents Im shure everyone else will want to keep it on there but me I think after a certian amount of time its time to move on.

Scott's kidding. He knows who Stan is believe me.

In an effort to save money, it would just be easier to strip the memorial message out and plug in a new one. Maybe we just put in "Convention Clan" with no year, since it's a convention banner. Sending it to me for updating is no big deal, since the banner will be sent to and fro across the country in any case. What's one more postal stop?

Scott's kidding. He knows who Stan is believe me.

In an effort to save money, it would just be easier to strip the memorial message out and plug in a new one. Maybe we just put in "Convention Clan" with no year, since it's a convention banner. Sending it to me for updating is no big deal, since the banner will be sent to and fro across the country in any case. What's one more postal stop?

This actually makes the most sense, by not putting a year on the banner itself.

Either way Carl, thanks so much for putting the entire banner idea together and maintaining it the way you have, the entire thing is just an amazing feat. Someday I hope to be able to hold the thing in my claws at a show with fellow hunters :p

We could bring it back to San Diego Comic Con this year.It was an honor to be the first member to bring it to a convention and meet up some clan members. It would be awesome to see how many people have signed the back and to get new pictures with more poeple in costume this year. I still have the carrying case that goes over the shoulder to lug that thing around.

let me know what you want to do with the banner carl,

to be honest i really kinda like the fact that it's a one off kinda piece signed by all those who attended the cons and memorialized stan on it...it makes it a very special piece, it's been a real honor to hold onto it knowing you all signed it. no i'm not trying to say i want to keep it.

it's a great piece from all the con clan.

but if you want to strip it down and re-use it just give a heads up...and i'll shoot it back your way

AM

I say make a new one and keep that one as a one of a kind. How much does one cost to get made up?
Maybe auction off the stan one to help fund another? Unless Andrew does want to keep it then I say let him as we wouldn't have this place if it wasn't for him. Just my thoughts.

Sorry ScottAS......friends? :D

-back to topic-
Friends.
Stan should be kept on the home page and a lil' pic at the bottom of banner in memory. The guy was a god that brought us all here.
just my opinion. The minute Stan didn't work with the Predators anymore they went to ...... :)
ADI needs to be fired from producing either of these creatures anymore and Steve Wang and Matt Rose should be the go to guys.
Carls banners kick ass for the price! Don't tell him I said that! :lol:

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back