New ILM Model Book!!

Discussion in 'Studio Scale Models' started by Mechinyun, Apr 29, 2006.

1. Mechinyun

Mechinyun Sr Member

Not sure if its been posted before, but i ran across this today. Suppose to hit stores in november

http://insighteditions.com/product_info.ph...97092d6c86ef32c

Limited Edition Features:

* Deluxe clamshell contains models & sculptures from all six films
    * "Make your own" Millennium Falcon model kit
    * DVD featuring Star Wars model shop documentaries
    * Expanded edition hardcover includes paper model "pop-ups" and laser die-cut plans of the kits
    * Signed
    * Numbered
    * Certificate of Authenticity

[​IMG]

2. OPPI

OPPI Well-Known Member

awesome. Pricey but awsome. I might have to pick this one up

dan

3. TFrosst

TFrosst Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

It's been posted a few time before. That's the limited edition version with all the extras (which the details are still unknown). the regualr edition just has the book and it's $50

4. Ivanhotep

Ivanhotep Well-Known Member

I would love that cover as a poster.

5. masterjedi322

masterjedi322 Sr Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TFrosst @ Apr 30 2006, 12:08 AM) [snapback]1235776[/snapback]</div>
    Not entirely true...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/193378410...ng=UTF8&s=books

6. steveo

steveo Sr Member

Would be a very nice book to have, but way too pricey for me. Hopefully they'll come out with a scaled down version for us poor folks.

7. TFrosst

TFrosst Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(masterjedi322 @ Apr 30 2006, 05:15 PM) [snapback]1235890[/snapback]</div>
    Not entirely true...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/193378410...ng=UTF8&s=books
    [/b][/quote]

Should have been more clear. I didn't mean we don't know what's coming with the limited edition. I meant we dont' know the details about the individual items. ie. What kind or falcon model, what are the other models, what are the die-cut plans of, etc.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(steveo @ Apr 30 2006, 07:28 PM) [snapback]1235962[/snapback]</div>
    Regular version without the bells and whistles is $50

8. PHArchivist

PHArchivist Master Member

I've been waiting 29 years for something like this. I suppose November is not too far off.

9. jedicouncil

jedicouncil New Member

Wow. That _is_ expensive. I'd like to know more details about the DVD contents. That may contain some awesome never-before-seen photos.

10. boatbuilder1

boatbuilder1 Well-Known Member

this is a must have but I have seen some for a list price of 50 and 295 what is that all about is the 50 book an abbrevieated version?

11. bcgd

bcgd Well-Known Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boatbuilder1 @ May 6 2006, 06:34 AM) [snapback]1239416[/snapback]</div>
    The $295 version will come in a cloth covered clamshell box and include a dvd and other goodies along with a copy of the book that will probably have extra signatures (sections/pages) stuck in much like the way they did the "Dressing a Galaxy" deluxe book. $50 gets you the hardbound book sans all the bells and whistles*.

*Bells and whistles not studio scale nor canon. :lol