New ILM Model Book!!

Mechinyun

Sr Member
Not sure if its been posted before, but i ran across this today. Suppose to hit stores in november

http://insighteditions.com/product_info.ph...97092d6c86ef32c

Limited Edition Features:

* Deluxe clamshell contains models & sculptures from all six films
* "Make your own" Millennium Falcon model kit
* DVD featuring Star Wars model shop documentaries
* Expanded edition hardcover includes paper model "pop-ups" and laser die-cut plans of the kits
* Signed
* Numbered
* Certificate of Authenticity

Sculpting_huge.jpg

It's been posted a few time before. That's the limited edition version with all the extras (which the details are still unknown). the regualr edition just has the book and it's $50

Would be a very nice book to have, but way too pricey for me. Hopefully they'll come out with a scaled down version for us poor folks.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(masterjedi322 @ Apr 30 2006, 05:15 PM) [snapback]1235890[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TFrosst @ Apr 30 2006, 12:08 AM) [snapback]1235776[/snapback]
That's the limited edition version with all the extras (which the details are still unknown)...
[/b]

Not entirely true...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/193378410...ng=UTF8&s=books
[/b][/quote]

Should have been more clear. I didn't mean we don't know what's coming with the limited edition. I meant we dont' know the details about the individual items. ie. What kind or falcon model, what are the other models, what are the die-cut plans of, etc.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(steveo @ Apr 30 2006, 07:28 PM) [snapback]1235962[/snapback]</div>
Would be a very nice book to have, but way too pricey for me. Hopefully they'll come out with a scaled down version for us poor folks.
[/b]

Regular version without the bells and whistles is $50

Wow. That _is_ expensive. I'd like to know more details about the DVD contents. That may contain some awesome never-before-seen photos.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boatbuilder1 @ May 6 2006, 06:34 AM) [snapback]1239416[/snapback]</div>
this is a must have but I have seen some for a list price of 50 and 295 what is that all about is the 50 book an abbrevieated version?
[/b]

The $295 version will come in a cloth covered clamshell box and include a dvd and other goodies along with a copy of the book that will probably have extra signatures (sections/pages) stuck in much like the way they did the "Dressing a Galaxy" deluxe book. $50 gets you the hardbound book sans all the bells and whistles*.

*Bells and whistles not studio scale nor canon. :lol

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back