New Hasbro Kenner "Vintage" Star Wars figures

This reeks of desperation to me. Remaking 'vintage' isn't why they're high valued.... Just wow.

But yay, more pandering. What Star Wars continues to do best.

I would not consider this desperate at all. A lot of vintage releases have happened such as Nintendo and PlayStation consoles and games have been recently re-released for the newer generation.

This re release is an opportunity for collectors to obtain essentially may be out of their grasp due to availability and cost.

We are all fans and collectors and deserve a chance to collect something we love and this is their chance!

I would not consider this desperate at all. A lot of vintage releases have happened such as Nintendo and PlayStation consoles and games have been recently re-released for the newer generation.

This re release is an opportunity for collectors to obtain essentially may be out of their grasp due to availability and cost.

We are all fans and collectors and deserve a chance to collect something we love and this is their chance!

Except modern day SW figures sell so poorly, they continue to clog stores and are nearly impossible to even give away. But if you put the iconic version, then suddenly everyone wants them. :unsure:

I mean, sure, I guess it's a chance for collector's, but it's also pure marketing. Also, I fail to see the value in recreations of vintage figures. There's nothing valuable about those poorly designed figures apart from two aspects:
1. Nostalgia (which is too powerful of a drug, I'll admit)
2. The actual age and time period they originate from

2 is completely moot since they aren't even true vintage. That's not where collector's value comes from, I thought.
Seems to be the very antithesis of collecting from the past when you settle for recreations, in just about every aspect to me.

Lastly, speak for yourself. I'm no Star Wars fan.

Last edited:
I bought these T"R"U vintage figures when they came out in 1995 to kick off the new line of figures. Now they are themselves vintage. It makes me nostalgic for a time that made me nostalgic. Yeah, it is a powerful drug. And thank God, it keeps me from trying real drugs.
20190613_150040.jpg
20190613_150118.jpg

I might get some just to fill out my ranks of storm troopers. My parents could never understand why I needed so many of the same figure.

I bought the set including Tarkin, I think they are a nice nostalgic nod to the past, I have my vintage originals on display and now these to go with them

Man that bid red circle ruins it for me as a collector, although, for kids its nice that they can take these out of the package and play with originals like we used to, like they were meant to be.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back