new Hammond Cane

clarence

I have just completed my new Hammond cane Here Are some Pics.I have toned down the mounting plate as requested:angel

Is that a real mosquito in there?

I'm afraid not it is a crane fly (daddy Longlegs) as they are known in the Uk I see a lot of them caught in the spiders webs in my garage as I work in the evenings.The correct insect in the film cane was an Elephant Mosquito found in Mexico but we don't see many in Co Durham:angel

Nice, but dont you think that stain on the wood is too strong to show the amber properly?

Sort of blends... Depending on the top coat, you could go darker with stain, to add contrast. maybe a deep walnut.

The cane is quite nice. Always something very drawing for the eye - that amber egg.

Insight to its construction?

That looks fantastic. Great polishing on the amber.

Thanks I'm afraid to say the amber piece is a head@%*K got to be dedicated on these little fellahs so far I have made the canes from wood but I am going to try and use resin shortly to see if its easier.:angel

Nice. Does anyone here make a nice stand (like this one) for a Rylo cane?

I don't have the talent and would love to get one. I'd be more than willing to pay.

Mike

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back