New guy help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

samhainslasher

Hello all! my names zack and I was wondering if anyone had anything that they were willing to give to a new predhead to help them out with their first mask? like maybe the rubies or something? It would be amazingly appreciated!

No, but I will give you some free advice. Asking for handouts right after joining will get you nothing but derision. The rubies isn't even that expensive dude. No one will take you seriously if you just pop up out of nowhere and ask for free stuff.

It may not be expensive to you because you have money but I dont, but thanks for the advice! I was not just "asking for free stuff" I was also looking for advice. I knew someone would respond like this. being a new collector in the predator field I had no idea where to start.

It may not be expensive to you because you have money but I dont, but thanks for the advice! I was not just "asking for free stuff" I was also looking for advice. I knew someone would respond like this. being a new collector in the predator field I had no idea where to start.
If you dont have money .. then that might be a big problem.
a decent suit will cost you atleast $1500
Where to star you shoud begin?
Here : http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showtopic=17884
it will give you almost an accurate description about this hobby

Hey Zack ..hate to be the one to call ya out on this, but ya ..you pretty much did ask for something physical in your opening post.... read it a couple of times now ..no mention of asking for advice anywhere. Everything costs all of us something ..even for the guys here that make pred items ..materials will cost something. As for advice ...take your time and read all you can...we have spent years making this the best information depot on the web for predator costuming

Look bucko, I will put this as nicely as I can. A complete rubies suit runs $89 on ebay. Individual masks go between $20-30. If that is a serious amount of cash to you, then prop/costuming of any kind is not for you right now.

You did not say you were looking for advice, you simply asked if someone would give you a mask. If you knew ahead of time that someone would 'respond like this' then maybe you should have chosen your words with a little more care.

There are all sorts of cheap ways of producing an amazing looking suit, but they all require some time and effort, and ultimately, cash. If $100 is out of your reach, then my advice to you would be to comb through this place for info on foamies, cardboard armor and everything similar, and you will be able to do pieces here and there when you have a spare $20. In time you will have a full suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back