New Flash trailer

EM got the roles several years ago before he spent all that time at the gym developing his creep/criminal muscles.

My guess - at the time those producers saw his weirdness and imagined a Tim Burton, young Johnny Depp-ish vibe.

But Depp's weirdness comes off as lovable/cute. He seems aware that a little of that goes a long way. And he usually balances it out with the Jack-Sparrow-rockstar twinkle in his eye half the time. EM's weirdness isn't landing the same way. That may have been hard to judge based on meeting him in person vs how it comes across in a film. I dunno. I wasn't there.

As for his gender status & getting roles - If the role was Thor or Superman then I doubt the studios would treat it like an asset. (It might make them reluctant if anything.) But for "weird" characters, in the 2020s, I bet it has worked in his favor.
Eh, I don't know that it made a difference. I doubt they care as long as they can play the role.

But that kinda gets back to my point: Barry isn't supposed to be "weird." I don't get why that was a character choice in the first place, either by the writers or by the actors or directors or the studio heads or whomever.

With the new Stand, it was a choice to show Trashcan Man's insanity in a particular way, and then they ended up barely using him (although, to be fair, he doesn't show up a ton in the novel or in the 90s adaptation). But I keep coming back to how elements of that performance -- of an insane pyromaniac -- seem to bleed into the "young Barry" performance in this film and it's just....really weird as a choice.

I'm really wondering how this will all play out moving forward. But I guess it's all a moot point anyway until the various strikes end.

I've only seen bits and pieces of The Flash. What I saw actually seemed good. But I don't know much about The Flash character. I only saw some of the old TV show. I've never seen an episode of the new TV show. But I want to get back into that whole Arrowverse series since I stopped watching Arrow for some reason.

I think the best Flash that I've seen is in the Justice League Animated cartoon and the Alex Ross / Paul Dini Justice League Treasury Comic.

But the bits and pieces of The Flash especially the Keaton Batman scenes seemed really good. Although I didn't like the old hero trope but maybe there is a reason for it in the movie. I don't know. I still believe that Keaton might be the best movie Batman. And we got cheated out of another performance in The Batgirl. I keep hoping it will leak in some form since they supposedly had a screening. I've never seen a movie so locked up. Even that Wonder Woman TV pilot leaked.

I'm not on modern Social Media so the whole he/she/them kind of cracks me up. And although I don't like seeing actor interviews as that can pull me out of a movie. The arrest video of Ezra Miller and the one when he threatens to knock a fan out are hilarious.

Eh, I don't know that it made a difference. I doubt they care as long as they can play the role.

But that kinda gets back to my point: Barry isn't supposed to be "weird." I don't get why that was a character choice in the first place, either by the writers or by the actors or directors or the studio heads or whomever.

We're talking about a movie where they chose this person for Superman.

Nd9GcRvi54QqpuG_xT39hdLrpEUdbUtzBCYWqeCEw&usqp=CAU.jpg

Either the producers weren't confident that they could make conventional portrayals work, or maybe they just didn't wanna make the movie that they were hired to make (a common issue in Hollywood). Bottom line, they probably liked the idea of a 'weird' Flash because it was something, anything, other than conventional.

With the new Stand, it was a choice to show Trashcan Man's insanity in a particular way, and then they ended up barely using him (although, to be fair, he doesn't show up a ton in the novel or in the 90s adaptation). But I keep coming back to how elements of that performance -- of an insane pyromaniac -- seem to bleed into the "young Barry" performance in this film and it's just....really weird as a choice.

I'm really wondering how this will all play out moving forward. But I guess it's all a moot point anyway until the various strikes end.

IMO the Trashcan Man was not really done justice in either of 'The Stand' adaptations.

The 1990s 'Stand' had fewer big mistakes but it generally lacked mojo.

I've only seen bits and pieces of The Flash. What I saw actually seemed good. But I don't know much about The Flash character. I only saw some of the old TV show. I've never seen an episode of the new TV show. But I want to get back into that whole Arrowverse series since I stopped watching Arrow for some reason.

I think the best Flash that I've seen is in the Justice League Animated cartoon and the Alex Ross / Paul Dini Justice League Treasury Comic.

But the bits and pieces of The Flash especially the Keaton Batman scenes seemed really good. Although I didn't like the old hero trope but maybe there is a reason for it in the movie. I don't know. I still believe that Keaton might be the best movie Batman. And we got cheated out of another performance in The Batgirl. I keep hoping it will leak in some form since they supposedly had a screening. I've never seen a movie so locked up. Even that Wonder Woman TV pilot leaked.

I'm not on modern Social Media so the whole he/she/them kind of cracks me up. And although I don't like seeing actor interviews as that can pull me out of a movie. The arrest video of Ezra Miller and the one when he threatens to knock a fan out are hilarious.
Those parts were quite enjoyable, but they don't make up a ton of the film, and there are a few ham-fisted "we did this so we could stick it in the trailer" moments.

Miller seems like at the very least an unwell person, and at worst, just a real piece of ****. That's aside from their acting.

Oh, and that person isn't Superman, but rather Supergirl. In the actual comics, various other universes have been shown with wildly different versions of pretty much every character. There's a panel from the Infinite Crisis comic series that shows Superman feeling pain across all of his iterations, including like some Aztec version, a black guy, etc., etc. The old spitcurl version is just one version in the continuity (albeit, the only version we ever really interact with in the comics, aside from when, like, Earth-3 Ultraman comes thru and he's evil-spitcurl version).

I didn't care that she had dark hair and dark eyes. There's a whole Arrowverse Supergirl show or the old Helen Slater movie if one really needs to see a blonde woman in the role.

I have more of an issue with the fact that Supergirl isn't really used a ton, nor for that matter is Batman, and that the big fight feels largely weightless because of how the CGI played out.

In hindsight, the film feels like it was a long film in which a lot of stuff happened, but a lot of stuff didn't really stick with me. There was definitely set-up that happened at the start of the film which helped establish the characters. There was a bunch of stuff that happened to move them from point A to point B, but you get this big CGI fight that basically serves the point of "You can't save everyone and you have to just let go sometimes."

There's a thread that I think would've been used differently/better involving this weird alternate Barry from the future who's been running through time forever and is like "evil Flash" or something, but (1) it's barely used in the film, (2) it was already used a bunch in the Flash TV show (so I'm guessing it was mined from the comics), and (3) future-evil-Barry just doesn't feel like a threat so much as a plot point used to finally bring home the whole "You can't save everyone" lesson.

Contrast this with the GotG3 film which is the same rough length, but where Rocket's backstory is (a) deeply tragic and moving, (b) serves to demonstrate Rocket's own development and the High Evolutionary's descent (further) into madness, and (c) is interspersed thru the whole film so it feels like less of an "Oh yeah, I guess we should mention that again so the 3rd act can come together better" moment.

I still think GotG3 was perhaps a bit overlong and not as "tight" as the other films for it, but it played better and made better use of its time. This film feels like it spent more time just showing us what a ****ng tool alternate-younger-Barry is because it's...uh...funny?

I finally got around to seeing this movie, and I thought it was…OK, and that’s probably being generous.

IMHO, Keaton’s return as Batman was the shining light of this movie.

But everything else was meh…

The depiction of the multi-verse was just odd to me. Not to mention I felt like this was DC trying to play catch up with Marvel. “Oh they did a multi-verse movie? We have a multi-verse in DC! We should do a multi-verse movie too!” And the multi-verse shots of the other DC franchises just fell flat to me.

The general storyline felt like a poorly executed version of Back to the Future mixed with It’s a Wonderful Life…but without the soul of either of those films.

While I’d say this probably ranks toward the top of the DC movies, that’s not saying much…

Overall, I feel like DC continues to miss the mark with their movies. Here’s hoping Gunn can help them out…

Sean

Oh, and that person isn't Superman, but rather Supergirl. In the actual comics, various other universes have been shown with wildly different versions of pretty much every character. There's a panel from the Infinite Crisis comic series that shows Superman feeling pain across all of his iterations, including like some Aztec version, a black guy, etc., etc. The old spitcurl version is just one version in the continuity (albeit, the only version we ever really interact with in the comics, aside from when, like, Earth-3 Ultraman comes thru and he's evil-spitcurl version).

I didn't care that she had dark hair and dark eyes. There's a whole Arrowverse Supergirl show or the old Helen Slater movie if one really needs to see a blonde woman in the role.

I have more of an issue with the fact that Supergirl isn't really used a ton, nor for that matter is Batman, and that the big fight feels largely weightless because of how the CGI played out.

Yeah I realize they didn't literally recast SuperMAN. But I'm saying they chose to go with Supergirl rather than Superman. And they brought back Keaton who is the most eccentric of the big Bat-men. And the Flash isn't really the usual character either. Seems like a pattern.

Doing conventional heroic characters without a spin is HARD. In terms of casting, writing, acting, etc, it's easier to deal with a character who has something else going on. A drug addiction. A guilty conscience about something. Tragically dead loved ones. A minority race/gender trying to live in a majority world. Etc.

James Cameron originally struggled to get DeCaprio to accept the 'Titanic' role. Cameron eventually told Leo he was looking at it wrong. "I think you're reluctant because you want a crutch. Jack Dawson isn't retarded or a junkie or anything. This role isn't too easy, it's hard."

Last edited:
Yeah I realize they didn't literally recast SuperMAN. But I'm saying they chose to go with Supergirl rather than Superman. And they brought back Keaton who is the most eccentric of the big Bat-men. And the Flash isn't really the usual character either. Seems like a pattern.

Doing conventional heroic characters without a spin is HARD. In terms of casting, writing, acting, etc, it's easier to deal with a character who has something else going on. A drug addiction. A guilty conscience about something. Tragically dead loved ones. A minority race/gender trying to live in a majority world. Etc.

James Cameron originally struggled to get DeCaprio to accept the 'Titanic' role. Cameron eventually told Leo he was looking at it wrong. "I think you're reluctant because you want a crutch. Jack Dawson isn't retarded or a junkie or anything. This role isn't too easy, it's hard."
Yeah, that really highlights an issue with a lot of heroic fiction. It's difficult for audiences to connect with people who are too perfect or good or whathaveyou, and it can end up being boring. It's why a 1950s version of Superman is completely impossible today: just being a good guy by itself isn't enough to grab an audience, and frankly feels pretty artificial.

The challenge in taking a genuinely good character and making them interesting is in finding the thing that is their flaw, without letting them become their flaw. Ironically, it's the obverse of this that makes Batman easy for people to approach: he is his flaw/tragic backstory. That's literally who he is. "Bruce Wayne" the millionaire playboy is the real mask, and the Batman is his true self unleashed. Interestingly, Schumacher's first outing sort of tip-toes around this, but does so in such an over-the-top cartoon way that the subtleties and interesting psychological explorations get totally lost in the noise and color and Bat-nipples of the rest of the film.

With a character like Superman -- and to some extent the Flash -- I think you have to tackle the drama differently. Superman is basically a demi-god. He's all-powerful. He can do damn near anything. He was also raised by genuinely good people to be a genuinely good person.

That creates personal burdens for someone like him. Hell, it creates burdens for any of us, but they're amplified for Superman.

When you feel a duty, a calling to help people, it's hard to feel powerless or restrained somehow in a way that keeps you from helping. With someone like Superman, there are basically two key areas that I'd say are his biggest challenge:

1. With all the power he has, with all of his invincibility (other than to Kryptonite), the people around him, the people he cares about, are not invulnerable and are, in fact, made even more vulnerable by their association with him. I actually think Man of Steel gets this and tried to make it more apparent, but audiences (myself included) didn't get it at the time. It's why Clark isolates himself for much of the film, but still can't help helping where he can.

2. The other great "flaw" for Superman -- and the one I think is waaaaaaaaay more important to convey to people today -- is that he is, ultimately, just one man. He can't be everywhere at once. He can't save everyone at once. For all his almost limitless power, he still can't be everywhere. The first Donner film touches on this, but then he literally reverses the flow of time so that he can be everywhere at once (at least for Lois). It's really cheesy, and it undermines this central flaw, and it should've come at some kind of cost, but it's there.

But a lot of this stuff doesn't end up working at all if you never explore the human side of these characters, and then if you do, you have to understand what makes them heroic, and therefore interesting.

This is a big part of why I've come to view Joe Johnston's Captain America: The First Avenger as such a fantastic superhero movie (especially as an actual origin story). Much as I'd have loved to watch Cap kick ass in WWII, as an actual character study of Steve Rogers, that film is absolutely brilliant. Why? Because it focuses on what makes him a hero, and what makes him a hero has nothing to do with the super-soldier serum. It's all about who he is as a person, and the fact that he stands up to bullies and can understand and empathize with the weak and oppressed. And then he gets superpowers.

With The Flash, they could've done that, but instead just kinda made Barry a big weirdo. Which is a choice, sure, but not one I especially liked.

The challenge in taking a genuinely good character and making them interesting is in finding the thing that is their flaw, without letting them become their flaw. Ironically, it's the obverse of this that makes Batman easy for people to approach: he is his flaw/tragic backstory. That's literally who he is. "Bruce Wayne" the millionaire playboy is the real mask, and the Batman is his true self unleashed. Interestingly, Schumacher's first outing sort of tip-toes around this, but does so in such an over-the-top cartoon way that the subtleties and interesting psychological explorations get totally lost in the noise and color and Bat-nipples of the rest of the film.

The early work on 'Batman Forever' was heading for a much better movie than the one we got.

I think of the Schumacher movies as a reboot of the Adam West TV show. That's how I mentally made peace with them. I simply don't put them in the same Burton-verse with the first two movies.

With a character like Superman -- and to some extent the Flash -- I think you have to tackle the drama differently. Superman is basically a demi-god. He's all-powerful. He can do damn near anything. He was also raised by genuinely good people to be a genuinely good person.

That creates personal burdens for someone like him. Hell, it creates burdens for any of us, but they're amplified for Superman.

Whenever writers try to scratch into Superman's psyche they start hitting classical messiah stuff. He is modern Hollywood/America's rendition of ***** (whether everybody realizes it or not). They swapped out the fishing nets & dirty sandals for a flashy outfit & physical powers. He's still a demigod who gets deposited on earth to be raised by unassuming humans. Eventually in the fullness of time he must embark on his destiny to save the world with his powers.

'Man of Steel' has Clark Kent difting around the country in a flannel shirt & beard for a while. It's just like a prophet who wandered off into the desert for 40 days & nights to clear his head & figure himself out. The parallels are right there.

In some of the early non-canon texts about *****, he was doing more physical super-powered stuff too. The Bible passed down more of a Commie pacifist version of ***** but that's the Roman-Empire-approved edition.

(Edit: I'm not sure why that J-word is getting blocked. It's still a common first name in some cultures, like Mr. Quintana in 'Big Lebowski'. Whatever.)

This is a big part of why I've come to view Joe Johnston's Captain America: The First Avenger as such a fantastic superhero movie (especially as an actual origin story). Much as I'd have loved to watch Cap kick ass in WWII, as an actual character study of Steve Rogers, that film is absolutely brilliant. Why? Because it focuses on what makes him a hero, and what makes him a hero has nothing to do with the super-soldier serum. It's all about who he is as a person, and the fact that he stands up to bullies and can understand and empathize with the weak and oppressed. And then he gets superpowers.

With The Flash, they could've done that, but instead just kinda made Barry a big weirdo. Which is a choice, sure, but not one I especially liked.

Yeah that's totally why Cap worked so well. He stayed so likable after getting big muscles because they established him before the transformation and made sure he never stopped being that guy from the neck up.

Several years ago some unpublished early-1980s He-Man comic artwork turned up at an auction. It was a totally different origin story (from the one in the cartoon show that became canon.) It was basically a Captain America deal. He-Man starts off as a skinny kid who gets attacked by Skeletor and left for dead. He gets pumped up huge by a hi-tech wizard trying to save his life. He adopts the name He-Man because they had bullied him with that name back when he was skinny.

Last edited:
Ezra in JLA sounds like a studio notes thing.

It’s the easiest note to give “every character needs an original voice! Can we make Barry a little weird? Everyone else plays it straight… make it like he’s wired on coffee and maybe, like, hero worships the others!? Like one of those nerds who’ll watch this! A nerd avatar!!!”

“Uhhhhh… well… I can look into-“

“Get that weird kid from the kevin problem movie! Isn’t he Harry pottter now or something. Nerds like that! Just make him weird okay?”

“D*mmit”

So when Christopher Reeves Superman shows up and sees these multiverses colliding… wonder if he’s thinking at all about how he did this exact same thing - flew so fast he travelled back in time to save a loved one.

So when Christopher Reeves Superman shows up and sees these multiverses colliding… wonder if he’s thinking at all about how he did this exact same thing - flew so fast he travelled back in time to save a loved one.
No... he was probably thinking that even with all the flack that this FLASH movie had taken, him doing that was probably STILL the absolute STUPIDEST moment in superhero film history, followed closely by throwing a growing, cellophane "S" at the bad guys in his NEXT film.

The early work on 'Batman Forever' was heading for a much better movie than the one we got.

I think of the Schumacher movies as a reboot of the Adam West TV show. That's how I mentally made peace with them. I simply don't put them in the same Burton-verse with the first two movies.
That's probably a much better view of them.

It's a shame, too, because they had great casts. I still think that Clooney was a fantastic Bruce Wayne, but not a great Batman. Although so much of that is wrapped up in the campiness of it all that it's difficult to say. Campy Batman isn't my thing. I loved it as a kid because I just wanted to see Batman on TV, but I don't care to revisit that (unless it's the actual Adam West show).
Whenever writers try to scratch into Superman's psyche they start hitting classical messiah stuff. He is modern Hollywood/America's rendition of ***** (whether everybody realizes it or not). They swapped out the fishing nets & dirty sandals for a flashy outfit & physical powers. He's still a demigod who gets deposited on earth to be raised by unassuming humans. Eventually in the fullness of time he must embark on his destiny to save the world with his powers.

'Man of Steel' has Clark Kent difting around the country in a flannel shirt & beard for a while. It's just like a prophet who wandered off into the desert for 40 days & nights to clear his head & figure himself out. The parallels are right there.
Oh, they don't even try to hide it in Man of Steel. It's lampshaded plenty of times. That's what Snyder was going for. In hindsight, I actually came to really enjoy his take on superheroes. In a way, it reminded me of the probably-forgotten Immortals film that Henry Cavill also did. It's literally a Caravaggio painting done as a movie. So incredibly stylized. But it wasn't "Greek LOTR" so people basically rejected it the same way audiences rejected most of the Snyderverse version of the DCEU because they wanted Marvel.

During lockdown, I went back and re-watched everything in release order, culminating with the Snyder Justice League (which had just hit streaming then). It actually held together really, really well. It was different from Marvel, but it was still interesting and I'm bummed we won't get to see where it would've headed if WB hadn't been such a dysfunctional company.

Snyder's Batman is a broken Batman in BvS. People got all pissy about him killing and using guns, but that's the point. He's hit that wall and it takes meeting Superman and forming the Justice League for him to turn around. I still don't love their version of Flash, but the Snyder (not Whedon, Snyder) version of Cyborg is also excellent and really well portrayed by Ray Fisher.

So much of the reactions to Snyder's stuff seem to be about them expecting something like what had come before (Nolan -- whose best is, frankly, Batman Begins; Marvel; etc.), instead of just taking it for what it was on its own.

All that said, I think that there are other, more interesting ways to explore Superman than "Biblical Messiah in tights."
In some of the early non-canon texts about *****, he was doing more physical super-powered stuff too. The Bible passed down more of a Commie pacifist version of ***** but that's the Roman-Empire-approved edition.

(Edit: I'm not sure why that J-word is getting blocked. It's still a common first name in some cultures, like Mr. Quintana in 'Big Lebowski'. Whatever.)
I think it's because it can also be used as a "curse." Like "Jeebus tapdancing Christmas on a pogo stick!" (But, you know, substitute the actual words.)
Yeah that's totally why Cap worked so well. He stayed so likable after getting big muscles because they established him before the transformation and made sure he never stopped being that guy from the neck up.

Several years ago some unpublished early-1980s He-Man comic artwork turned up at an auction. It was a totally different origin story (from the one in the cartoon show that became canon.) It was basically a Captain America deal. He-Man starts off as a skinny kid who gets attacked by Skeletor and left for dead. He gets pumped up huge by a hi-tech wizard trying to save his life. He adopts the name He-Man because they had bullied him with that name back when he was skinny.
Yeah, He-Man had a couple origins. The toy line used to include these mini comics that I barely remember from when I was a kid, but they were super different from the cartoon show (and also different from the movie and later series, but that's a separate thing).

Cap worked for exactly that reason. As I recall, apart from the back-in-time versions of this film, we don't actually see Barry prior to getting powers (which is fine, not every origin needs to be shown). He's just weird and awkward in all the films because...uh...that's apparently just who he is.

The thing is, you can do weird and awkward and have it be endearing, or you can do weird and awkward and have it just be, well, weird and awkward. Especially in the Whedon version of the Justice League film, they really lean into the "no, just weird" side, but they try to play it for laughs because Whedon tried to play everything for laughs and it just doesn't work. The scene that most stands out to me is when Flash is lying on top of Wonder Woman and it's just....so....so very cringey.

My hope is that they just...uh...shift to an entirely different reality where you can say "Ok, so the actors we actually like and who resonate with audiences are the heroes and villains who cross over, and the other actors...we just drop like a bad habit and move on." But god only knows what the studio will do. Zaslav doesn't care about making films or telling stories; he cares about extracting maximum profit for shareholders and that's all. He'll do that using whatever methods are available, including making films and TV shows, and then shelving them on the taxpayers' collective dime.

Gunn has more creative control, but that doesn't matter when your boss won't let them see the light of day because a tax break is more profitable overall. And who knows what they'll do when the strike is resolved.
coffee and maybe, like, hero worships the others!? Like one of those nerds who’ll watch this! A nerd avatar!!!”

“Uhhhhh… well… I can look into-“

“Get that weird kid from the kevin problem movie! Isn’t he Harry pottter now or something. Nerds like that! Just make him weird okay?”

“D*mmit”
Yeah, that's totally plausible, especially for WB at that time. They felt perpetually reactive and like they were chasing Marvel at every turn.

It's a shame because, when you view Snyder's cinematic universe as a whole, it has a real, distinct point of view and presentation that is fundamentally different from Marvel's, but it's one that I think actually works and would've proven to be a good slow-cooked meal. Of course, Hollywood needs flash fried instant success, so that's all done now.

No... he was probably thinking that even with all the flack that this FLASH movie had taken, him doing that was probably STILL the absolute STUPIDEST moment in superhero film history, followed closely by throwing a growing, cellophane "S" at the bad guys in his NEXT film.

I gotta say… those movies get more ridiculous on rewatch now, but I still dig the hell out of them.

My fave moment is zod showing up at the white house

ZOD: “where is your president!?”

SOME GUY: “I’m the president”

*dude steps forward

ZOD: “Kneel before Zod!”

*dude immediately kneels

ZOD: “you are not the president! He would never kneel so easily!

*new guy steps up

POTUS: “I’m the president!”

ZOD: “Kneel before Zod!”

POTUS: “just don’t hurt anyone okay?”

*guy immediately kneels.

It's a shame because, when you view Snyder's cinematic universe as a whole, it has a real, distinct point of view and presentation that is fundamentally different from Marvel's, but it's one that I think actually works and would've proven to be a good slow-cooked meal. Of course, Hollywood needs flash fried instant success, so that's all done now.

I loved his Justice league (even the flashes part in it) and am ready for Rebel Moon.

It’s doing what Star Wars isn’t… making me curious about what’s coming. His universe in that flick looks dooooope. I’m so so so in.

Oh, they don't even try to hide it in Man of Steel. It's lampshaded plenty of times.
Most notably, to my mind, when Clark is in the church, telling the pastor (the Snyder-verse version of Pete Ross, IIRC) about his internal debate as to whether he should try to confront Zod and his minions, which he might well not survive -- with a painting of ****** in the Garden of Gethsemane very prominent in the background.

Edit: Apparently, we can't use his title either. How about his likely Hebrew name -- Yeshua? Maybe that will go under the radar …

Edit to the edit: Okay, that works, at least!

SSB

Ok! It was on Amazon for $9.99 so I bought and watched it.

Mixed feelings.

Hated, hated how they introduced Keaton into the movie. But it was great seeing him again in the role. I liked how the second time around he knew what Barry had done and told him that it wasn’t going to work.

I was fine with Supergirl as I hate Sniderman anyway.

Providing the ‘evidence’ of his father‘s innocence still led to changes, I.E. Clooney Wayne.

For a curiosity satisfaction factor, it was worth $10.00, it’ll probably be a while before I watch it again.

I didn’t mind all of the CGI cameos as I took them for what they were, altered reality images seen through the filter of the Speed Force.

I can’t give it much more than a 4 and 3 of those are from Keaton.

Ok! It was on Amazon for $9.99 so I bought and watched it.

Mixed feelings.

Hated, hated how they introduced Keaton into the movie. But it was great seeing him again in the role. I liked how the second time around he knew what Barry had done and told him that it wasn’t going to work.

I was fine with Supergirl as I hate Sniderman anyway.

Providing the ‘evidence’ of his father‘s innocence still led to changes, I.E. Clooney Wayne.

For a curiosity satisfaction factor, it was worth $10.00, it’ll probably be a while before I watch it again.

I didn’t mind all of the CGI cameos as I took them for what they were, altered reality images seen through the filter of the Speed Force.

I can’t give it much more than a 4 and 3 of those are from Keaton.

They were THIS close to it being the Flashpoint storyline, which I would have loved to see.
The alternate Supermen was probably my favorite scene, particularly Cage.

I watched this again today. I don't care what anyone says--I love this movie! Every time I watch it, I have a great time! Yeah, there are tons of plot holes and the cgi is crap in a lot of places, but I don't care....I really enjoy watching this movie. I haven't had this much fun watching a super hero movie since Endgame.
I’ve seen it at least 6 times. It’s hilarious.

Hell it’s great just for every time Supergirl abruptly stops. Has zero chill slamming her feet into the ground.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back