New EFX star wars exclusive for Celebration Orlando

Chromed helmets are not a bad idea in a limited Edition.But they should use the best source for that.The EFX plastictrooperhelmet is it not.
With unmodded "ears" it looks so wrong.The new Hasbro version looks so much better.

Totally uninspiring and a total con in my opinion

I agree completely. I get that they want to have something relevant, but you know what would have been better than just a chrome paintjob?

It's suppose to be for the 40th anniversary of ANH..so why not have a custom art applied depicting key scenes/moments in ANH across parts of the helmet? Something like that would be pretty cool and more worth the price point IMO while still actually paying homage to ANH

I'd guess that's a 'no' since it's been 18 months or so since TFA and they could have had stuff for, uh, pre-order i guess - the last 2 years now and they've had nothing.

It says pre-order is sold out on their website so it sounds like people will go buy anything with a limited edition :facepalm

Pre-order, sold out? For this chrome helmet? I've never purchased anything from eFX, however I've read my fair share about people who have. I wouldn't drop a dime on this limited addition... Well, I'd spend literally a dime on it just to re-paint it maybe.
Perhaps their thinking was that people thought Phasma looked awesome, so why not make a regular chrome stormtrooper?

For a product with a pretty low quantity to make a profit, it needs to be cheap to develop. Repainting an already developed product is a way to do that. Remaking any of the fiberglass helmets would take quite a while and be much more expensive. The only PCR items they had to use was the Stormtrooper and Vader. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a specially painted Vader PCR in the near future.

Unfortunately neither of these has much as far as alternative paint jobs seen on screen. The Vader helmet would need physical changes to be for any other film. An ESB PCR stormtrooper could be done. Maybe a sandtrooper version. Neither would be physically accurate since the PCR stormtrooper isn't.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

soooo is no one going to talk about this?..., it was on display at celebration.

LRG_DSC00534.JPG

I actually think the chrome Stormtrooper helmet is cool.

I think it's neat, and I'd really love to have one, for $125.

Anymore more than that and I'll pass.

EFX could re-release everything they made so far and chrome it. Chrome X-Wing, chrome TIE Fighter, chrome Rebel helmets, chrome sabers (if a saber is already chromed, just chrome the darn thing once again) :p Heck they could go and chrome other things like pots and plants, eggs and bunnies (Easter is here), pumpkins for upcoming Halloween, and, why not, road trees, beach sand and the moon itself.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back