New Ecto 1 for the next movie

tripoli

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
With each prop I see the more disappointed I get.

photo-of-the-ecto-1-in-new-ghostbusters-reboot-and-of-melissa-mccarthy-in-her-uniform

The props look like they are from a low budget fan film.

You're absolutely right!, This is so sad, this was a bad idea from the word go, the original is a classic and doesn't need a reboot, I can't believe the people making this movie think this Is cool, they're going to have to "call" themselves because this new movie is going to be D.O.A.
I won't be wasting my money to see it!

No, no, no, .....Please tell me this is a joke!

That has no....look of the technology, of catching a ghost! I don't know how to explain it! It's just not right!

Why would they put trim, over the ghost logo? If anything, the trim would have already been on the car in

the first place!

the original movies i find so awefull they are actualy quite good and enjoyable to watch.

what i see from the new movie it looks to me it will be just bad, realy bad. waste of time and money

Terrible.

The thing about the stuff from the originals is that they made you go, "whoa! What is THAT?!" All of this stuff makes you go, "eww, what IS that?" What really bums me out about the whole thing is that they had the opportunity to show us something new and awesome. They could have shown us what the world is like now that Ghostbusters have been around for 30 years. Do we still need them, or have ghosts been pretty much eradicated? Do they have them in every city now like we do firefighters. How much has the technology they used advanced? Have ghosts wizened up and become more difficult to catch? Instead, they are giving us a total (unnecessary) reboot and showing us the exact same stuff we already know but with a crappy cast.

And I have no problem with an all female Ghostbusters troop. If they wanted to do a movie where for instance Ray is the only one left, he decides to retire and leave the company to his daughter, and she hires a couple of her friends who she works with at her college, I could get behind it as long as the women the cast were actually good actresses and the writer/director was somebody better than Paul Feig. There are tons of women who I find infinitely funnier than the people in this movie.

Last edited:
:facepalm And yet, I will be there to see it. Even if it's a train wreck...it's still a movie about a subject that I like.

As much as I like Ghostbusters, this screams "terrible reboot". I think I may wait for the rental to see it or the two dollar theater special.

is this film just another example of how much contempt some film makers have for the intelligence of the paying public, that we will gratefully take any crap they throw at us?
Regardless of how small the budget is, it show a server lack of imagination to create such a prop.
Now I have worked on some low bud show, but I would be embarrassed to have my name on a props like this.

Last edited:
Don't love it, don't hate it.

Don't understand the visceral reaction. It just doesn't move me much either way. It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. JJTrek had the same problem with the phasers and the Enterprise.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back