New Cybermen!

Nice work millennium fx, I really like the design, sleeker and the more rounded features of the head lean towards the late 60's style cybermen, I'm going to have a go at making these

The Cybermen are my favorite Dr. Who baddies. (y)thumbsup I really love the new look and would kill for a full suit to "display" :confused :cry

I loved that the RTD daleks were so heavy looking...weighty. Solid. That felt right for the daleks. Not so much of a fan of that look for the cybermen though, in the original series they never really gave off that vibe, it was more fabrics and messed up organic stuff and occasionally metals, it looked like a mix of flesh and mechanics. The new series ones look like tin soldiers.

I thought the first cyberman was downright cheesy.

Silver jumpsuit, helmet, hoses, and a chestbox. Tie Pilots looked much much scarier :)

I thought the first cyberman was downright cheesy.

Silver jumpsuit, helmet, hoses, and a chestbox. Tie Pilots looked much much scarier :)

For the time I think they were PERFECT. Very creepy in how their mouths would open and a stream of words came out with no movement. They were truly lifeless.

Maybe it has something to do with first seeing it in 2012 at my age and not as a kid/teen. I like the preceeding CM much more than the first ones.

I liked the Tomb of the Cybermen ones the best. Also, the ones toward the end of troughton's run in the 8 part episode were on the scary side as I recall. The ones chasing davison around were pretty good as well.

The cybermen from the troughton story you are referring to 'the invasion' are hands down the best design imo, that is one of my all time favourite stories, 8 episodes and a really good combination of action and suspense, I miss old who LOL

Troughton's run was when they finally got the hang of doing tv and left the stage and radio aspects behind. He's one of my top two for the old who. Of course my top two are interchangeable :)

I really liked the invasion, too, I just couldn't remember the title off the top of my head.

A evolution, the new one was more skinny and perfect !

jkOb.jpg

Troughton's run was when they finally got the hang of doing tv and left the stage and radio aspects behind. He's one of my top two for the old who. Of course my top two are interchangeable :)

I really liked the invasion, too, I just couldn't remember the title off the top of my head.

Troughton is still my all time favourite. That's when Who really started getting good. :)

"Natty Longshoe's Castle"? Wonder what that's about. It's really Castell Coch again, near Cardiff, well worth a visit if you're ever in the area. Gives you a very good idea of, er, what I will build if I ever win one of the big lotteries. :)

Quite like the new suits.

glad the new suits are getting positive responses!;)

the brief was to make them as streamlined as possible over the last incarnation, hence they are less bulky

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back