New Bio Sculpt

Termokk

Hello again. I have begun sculpting the bio mask to fit over my latex mask i created. I have sent out for the silicone i need to mold this and cast them in polyester resin, but wile i wait i am smoothing and tweeking. I would like any comments or critisism you have about the mask so i can make it perfect before i mold it. I just started this about 2 days ago so i am still checking the symmetry, but i wanted to get another set of eyeballs on it too. Let me know what you think.

The mask this fits - My Predator Mask Construction

The new sculpt -
100_0923.JPG

100_0925.JPG

100_0928.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good, but perhaps a little wide around the eyes? It looks a little out of proportion, especially with it narrowing even further lower down. Gives it more of a triangle shape than I personally would want. Overall though it's looking good.

wow that's fast work. god job Termokk. just my opinion, im not diggin the the hard lines coming from off the eyes.

Thats cool. I like what you did with the lines. No complaints here.

Well - maybe just one - the dome looks a little lumpy? Could it be the camera or could it be smoothed a little more?

Thanks for the opinions! The head is a little lumpy but i havent smoothed it all the way yet. The lines out of the eyes are taken from the P1, that is where the two pices they cast it in where joined, i added them to stay true to the origional. If enough people dont like it i will remove the lines. When you say two wide around the eyes do you mean the little scoops behind each eye hez? I am contemplating if i want to trim it down, i kinda like a little bit of a triangle but i am not sure yet. Thank you again for your input all tho and i hope you have more.

I think what I was looking at is being caused by a couple of things. One, the eyes are quite small. Two, the area underneath the scoops that you mentioned, the 'cheekbones', simply look very wide in proportion to the rest of the bio. It also looks kind of flat for a P1. I think widening the eyes would do wonders to make it look a little more screen accurate.

Of course, this is all based on the idea that you want a movie look P1...if you were going for something a little different in the first place then feel free to ignore everything I've said!

All around superior job. Your creature mask reminds me of some of Narin's stylized preds. Almost too bad you didn't stylize the bio as well.

The first pull from the new molds has been painted up, and is on display on the head it was created for. Its all polyester resin and the eye mesh is from a strainer i found at walmart. There will be some minor tweaking in the next one i make on the paint but overall it has the feel i wanted. The bio was based on the P1 but modified to fit the mask it overlays, and i made a few minor changes to it. I think the eyes have a bit more of a cat like look than the origional, but judge for yourself. Thanks for looking!

100_1045.JPG

100_1046.JPG

100_1047.JPG

100_1049.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back