New 2018 Deckard Blade Runner Snub Nosed Blaster Project

mattsol

HI all,

I am new to the forum. Firstly a bit about myself. I am a 41 year old guy living in the UK, In my spare time I like to build, paint and sell 3D printed models. I have a mini-business page on facebook. I came across the snub nosed blaster a few weeks ago, see here.

I was taken aback to how awesome this build was, and equally disheartened by it no longer being available. I believed that it could be 3D printed. I am friends with an awesome 3D modeller, that is willing to undertake the build of a computer model. He has also done a nice version of the 2018 Blaster that I may produce also.This will be a long term project as I have a full-time job, wife and 5 kids-2 of whom are special needs-so my spare time is limited-often have to choose between printing or sleeping!

The majority of my work doesn't earn me much, but the enjoyment I get from seeing peoples faces at their completed projects-makes it worth my time.

So I plan to use the previously mentioned version as a "base". But NOT copy it directly! I would like to make that clear. This is a new build from scratch. I would like to include my own spin on it. I am also looking for suggestions for how to improve it, things to add,remove etc. I need help from you all-as I am not an expert on Blade Runner-so need the "Supreme Geeks" out there to steer me to producing an accurate, faithful model!

Now the bad news. I have to raise funds to pay for the modelling and kick off this project. I would like to gauge interest here-to see if this is something worth persuing. Initially I would need to raise approx $500 to start the modelling. However, if there was sufficient interest, then I would like to invest in a resin SLA or DLP 3D printer. This would enable me to make very high quality prints of the components. Then I could take casts from these. This would allow me to make multiple copies far quicker than 3D printing alone. However, this would cost over £1000 just for the printer, let alone the casting materials.

So how do I go about raising the capitol? I would appreciate your thoughts on this, be it Kickstarter, Gofundme etc?

Whatever I choose, I cannot be at financial risk-I am not a rich guy-so everything has to be paid or in reserve before I can commence this.

Let me know your thoughts. Also spread the word in the community as I would love to see this project develop.

I would like to include a few pics of my recent projects below-but site will not let me. So below is a link to my facebook page-please like and share if possible.
The other two links are to previous projects, Baby Groot and a conversion of a 2D character into a 3D model. This was for a local burger chain that wanted it printed and painted into a model that stood a foot high!

Facebook link: HERE
Baby Groot: HERE
2D conversion: HERE

Thanks and I appreciate any input/advice.

Matt

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back