new 1:72 diecast and plastic Space:1999 Eagle

phase pistol

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
This is the $70-$100 plastic and die-cast model, 1:72 scale (12" long), from Product Enterprises in England. The same Eagle is also available (in different packaging) from Aoshima of Japan.

kt-pe-eagle-beak.jpg

kt-pe-eagle-bottom.jpg

kt-pe-eagle-engines.jpg

kt-pe-eagle-podoff.jpg

kt-pe-eagle-qtr.jpg

kt-pe-eagle-rear.jpg

kt-pe-eagle-top.jpg

The little Eagle is the Konami trading model.. not included!
icon_biggrin.gif

This is a really nice piece. Certainly the best mass-produced Eagle toy ever made... for once somebody got the tube-cages around the front and aft parts correct.

No huge disappointments here... the passenger module is held on with releases at front and rear... the command module unfortunately is not removable.

There are minor quibbles, such as the diamond-shaped tube that wraps around the four engine bells is missing here.

Also I'm not sure which parts are actually diecast metal... probably just the spine. Most of the ship is plastic.

But on the whole, this is by far the finest Eagle toy we've ever had!
icon_smile.gif

- K

Phase, the spine is not diecast but the upper parts of the leg pods, the main Pod and the Beak are diecast.

I concur with what you say as I have three of the PE version that I picked up from a shop here in Adelaide for the same price as they are listed on the website and one of the Aoshima boxed version on the way from HLJ.

The other plus is that all the aftermarket parts created for the Airfix/Ertl plastic version will fit on this one as well, so all the lab pods, boosters and metal engine bells willgo straight on.

Cheers

Tony

This Eagle model looks very accurate, glad to hear this is a good piece because, I bought one on PE's website sight unseen for $100USD.

BTW: Any idea when these will ship to the US?

I'm hoping to see some pix of somebody who has refitted this eagle with some aftermarket aluminum parts!
icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for the tip, Tony, on which parts are die cast. This Eagle has great weight and balance!
icon_smile.gif

And I got this one direct from "Alien Entertainment", which is the US distributor for the Product Enterprises stuff.

I also picked up a couple of the "Clockwork Dalek" toys (windup tin Daleks), which are VERY nice as well.
icon_smile.gif

- Karl

I'm gonna have to keep an eye out for this at MegaCon!

edit:
One table had two of them, but they wanted $120 on one day, and then when there was only one left, it jumped to $140. They let me look in the box, though, and I liked what I saw. All the online sources I checked are sold out but most promise a restock "in Spring" or "in May". According to these sites, there will also be a "rescue" version with the red stripes on the cargo module.

Just got one of these at the London Film & Comic fair. They were everywhere, at £35 (about $65)

The Rescue version was originally announced as a limited edtion with COA signed by Gerry Anderson, but they backed away on that and now it's just a "regular" edition.

On the positive side, they lowered the price!
icon_biggrin.gif

PRO0049n2.jpg

- Karl

Good price!
icon_smile.gif

BTW I hear that Jim Small, he of the Eagle metal parts, is working on some "special" turned aluminum engine bells just for the Product Enterprises Eagle.
icon_biggrin.gif

Not ready yet tho, I'm sure he'll announce when they are.

Tho I'm told his "regular" bells for 12" scale model kits will work too.

- Karl

From breaking down one of the PE Eagles I have it is apparent that fitting a set of Jims' metal bells would be no problem. The only real difference between them and ones specially made would be the ability to change back to the plastic bells if you wanted to make the model "original" again......other than that it would be a simple fitting job.

I have one of the Rescue versions on order from Comet, but hopefully PE will do some real pod variations like the lab or winch pods. An accesory pack with clip on spine boosters and such would be great.

Incidentally, the Warp Lab Pod is a good fit on the model, so I may adapt the one I have to make a Lab Pod PE version....
icon_biggrin.gif

I have six so far (including an Aoshima re-boxing) so hopefully I can do a fleet....
icon_wink.gif

cheers

Tony

This thread is more than 20 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back