Netflix sandman props

how does the tisssue paper white glue thing work? paint glue on tissue paper and place where wanted?
Kind of, you should try tearing small stringy pieces to get that effect if that’s what your going for and make them stick out a little bit. Otherwise just takes pieces, crush them up and use it to add texture around seams and other areas

First attempt at vacuformin… cracked a too thin spot but dirtied them up and took these shots
50FF2A25-7797-4E98-B419-0B475445B471.jpeg
B8AB5947-E9F3-4568-9AF5-A3381CBF88B3.jpeg

The spine is actually a foam similar to pink insulation foam but denser. I felt I had more control with that then the foam usually associated with foam builds. The whole helmets built using sheet plastic cut using sks templates and the color is all my greens and blacks and some browns dry brushed till I was happy.

I repainted a cheap £12 latex helmet / mask I got off of Amazon. I think it came out OK.

First, I reinforced it with latex and strips of foam, hotglued to get it into shape, then it was painted in acyclics and sprayed with Plasti Dip. I then dabbed the studs with Green Stuff Chrome to make then nice and shiny.

I also trimmed it to make it more accurate (after reinforcing and painting, because I am dumb)
20220918_170824~2.jpg20220918_170809~2.jpg20220918_170726.jpg

I repainted a cheap £12 latex helmet / mask I got off of Amazon. I think it came out OK.

First, I reinforced it with latex and strips of foam, hotglued to get it into shape, then it was painted in acyclics and sprayed with Plasti Dip. I then dabbed the studs with Green Stuff Chrome to make then nice and shiny.

I also trimmed it to make it more accurate (after reinforcing and painting, because I am dumb)
View attachment 1617871View attachment 1617872View attachment 1617876
That actually came out pretty nice!!

C8EF15CC-C544-4D7F-9743-5886B76C2219.jpeg
0CE2CFEA-9CE6-4255-AD3F-E2E1A0059E2E.jpeg
378A312C-7F9D-408D-9264-145A6C5363C3.jpeg

Ok so I’ve finished the front end with the spine and yes it is a little short because I need to be able to where this and move my head around. I can always continue to build on the length of it in the future to. I filled in gaps with foam clay on the spine part, but left a couple gaps more rough and texture to make it rough around the edges. I’ve also marked the remaining spots for the rest of the deatil rivets and now all I have to do is so the texturing, painting, and weathering and this thing will be display and costume worthy!!

View attachment 1619692View attachment 1619693View attachment 1619694
Ok so I’ve finished the front end with the spine and yes it is a little short because I need to be able to where this and move my head around. I can always continue to build on the length of it in the future to. I filled in gaps with foam clay on the spine part, but left a couple gaps more rough and texture to make it rough around the edges. I’ve also marked the remaining spots for the rest of the deatil rivets and now all I have to do is so the texturing, painting, and weathering and this thing will be display and costume worthy!!
Ok since I thought the shorter length of the spine looked weird, I increased it 2 and a half segments so now it looks longer and more accurate. I also did a lot of filling in areas with foam clay today and am planning on finishing up the rivets so I can get onto painting!

511BE5EB-4448-4879-AFEB-7BA81BFBE945.jpeg

390360C2-D6EF-435A-943D-BF84EC162C59.jpeg

Alrighty then it’s almost done! I finished up the spine section and added some extra length. I made sure to put all the rivets on and they are symmetrical. I am going to do some more filling in with the foam clay and touch up some areas. After that I prime with plasti-dip and paint!

Also does anyone know where I can maybe find lenses or curved tinted translucent pieces to place in the eye sockets? I’m having a hard time figuring out the best looking alternative to clear decorative plastic eggshells.

View attachment 1620637
View attachment 1620638
Alrighty then it’s almost done! I finished up the spine section and added some extra length. I made sure to put all the rivets on and they are symmetrical. I am going to do some more filling in with the foam clay and touch up some areas. After that I prime with plasti-dip and paint!

Also does anyone know where I can maybe find lenses or curved tinted translucent pieces to place in the eye sockets? I’m having a hard time figuring out the best looking alternative to clear decorative plastic eggshells.
Re the eye pieces. I bought a cheap Sandman Helmet off of Amazon and the Eye lenses are really nice. You could always cut up one of those

Here is the link to the projects run for the Sand pouch:

Hell Yeah!! I was so pissed when they said they wouldn’t been continuing for a second season. It was literally the most popular show on Netflix almost 4 weeks in a row and got some pretty decent scores. Their whole policy about continuing shows is BS, just glad this one is being offered a chance for a second season.

Btw, my helm is coming along. Had to delay the project cause I was to focused on getting my Halloween costume together for this year but it’s back to work on the helm this weekend! I got all the texture and rivets on as well as a Plasti-dip/primer base coat. Now it’s all up to acrylics, weathering, lenses, and some final touches!!
image.jpg

image.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back