Need some help from Shadowrun fans.

Wes R

Legendary Member
My google fu is failing me when it comes to what a cyberdeck and credstick look like. Has anyone seen these in any of the official publications? I have the 20th Anniversary 4th edition book and it has nothing but the newer games take place after the original editions.

tumblr_lr3wyy6LJp1qm9fn3o1_500.jpg

Best I can do.

This is the one that popped up in 2nd and 3rd edition rulebooks for the ork decker:

orkdecker1.jpg

I don't think they ever had a picture of the credstick.

Last edited:
I need to get the original novels, they went into detail talking about the deck. Hopefully the new game has some pics as the old ones didn't have much. For some reason I can't see the Ork Decker pic. Now that they made everything in the game wireless it takes the fun out of it.

I just edited my post to change the link to the ork. The website was being tricky. Oh well... fixed now :)

I just edited my post to change the link to the ork. The website was being tricky. Oh well... fixed now :)

I appreciate it. Now i wish i'd kept my old keyboard lol. Only in Shadowrun would you see an Ork wearing spandex or leather biking shorts with metal studs on the crotch. :lol

Wes, The Cyberdeck is a glorified keyboard. If memory serves, they had slots for chips, and some had little drawers to hold extra chips. Most of the time the keys did not have lettering. Most pictures only show part of the deck and it's drawn like a keyboard. Will have to find my older Shadowrun Core books, I think i may have them in EBook format too, have to search my server. Think I have the Never Deal With a Dragon novel trilogy too.

As for Cred-Sticks... well, think gloified USB stick, sometimes with digits most times without. Think remember them similar to credit cards wrapped around a USB stick. I'll see what I can find picture wise on that too.

Yea, I used to play 3e and when I saw 4th were they went "wireless"... I was like, whats the point???

Oh, and "Only in Shadowrun would you see an Ork wearing spandex or leather biking shorts with metal studs on the crotch. " - I can see that kind of thing on humans when I go out on saturday night, so no need to wait to see an orc in them... LOL

Last edited:
Wes, The Cyberdeck is a glorified keyboard.

Oh, and "Only in Shadowrun would you see an Ork wearing spandex or leather biking shorts with metal studs on the crotch. " - I can see that kind of thing on humans when I go out on saturday night, so no need to wait to see an orc in them... LOL

Yeah, that's one of the tamer outfits you'd see at The Castle in Tampa on the weekend. :lol

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back