Need help with my PR

OdiWan72

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Hi

I´m in the process of building my own PR.
All parts -beside of the shroud- are sitting in my parts-box, waiting for assembly...

What I need is a tutorial, how to fit a REAL 870 into a REAL SPAS-cage.?.?.?
- Where do I have to cut/widen the holes -> TEMPLATES?
- Where/how do I have to cut the trigger guard away from the 870?
(I heard there´s a spring in the guard?....)
- What is the correct barrel length for the cut-down 870?
- How far do I have to slide the 870 into the cage?
- How can I attach the SPAS-pump grip to the sliding action of the 870?
- etc...

I already checked different websites, but most of them don´t show this assembly-step properly :unsure

Thanks in advance, Markus :)

Real working 870, and cut down barrel = ATF no no. Be sure to follow ATF guidelines for deactivating the 870 BEFORE you cut the barrel down.

The rest is up to you.

tztztz...I never wrote I´d use a WORKING 870 ;)

It is already deactivated and meets all requirements of german law, so I´m on the save side. Anyway...thanks for the advice :)

I have: TM M1A1, real SPAS cage and pump, real -DEAC.- 870, a HD counter, Matsuos grip and all other needed parts in METAL :D

Just waiting for a shroud from Wakal.

Markus

Hi again...want to proceed with my PR and I´m still wondering in which order I´d have to assemble the cage and 870?

How can I put the 870 trigger group back in when I inserted the shotgun into the cage? :unsure

Any ideas how to make the shoulder stock "lock" in different positions?
Right now I simply put a screw in there and fixed it that way, but it´d be cool to have it adjustable...know what I´m talking about :$ .?

Thanks in advance, Markus

I'll post some pix when I have time, The method I've used may not be 100% screen accurate but it works well...

I'll likely build a page and post a link to it..sound cool?

RE: the stock Rook has a good method, I'll see where he's hiding.

Do you have a metal or resin reciever?

M

Thanks Matt...I know you offered your help, but I didn´t want to stress you.
That´s why I asked other people how they did it ;)

I have a TM M1A1, metal stock and vent holes, Real SPAS parts and a real 870, plus Phils metal upgrades and expect a nice shroud from "someone" soon ;)

Markus

o.k. guys...

it´s been a long time, but I made some progress with my PR buildup :)
The SPAS cage it readily cut as well as the SPAS grip.
I also figures out -THANKS MATT- how to add the 870 from rear of the SPAS cage.

One thing that I still haven´t found out is how I can put the trigger assembly back into the 870 after I inserted it into the cage...

- Is there any chance to keep the trigger guard or would I have to cut it off completely?
- Anyone who has a REAL 870 in a REAL SPAS cage, who can post some pics of the trigger area please?
- How can I attach the SPAS grip to the pump action of the 870?

Many thanks, Markus :)

In a real Rem870, the trigger guard has a hidden spring, burried in the front trigger guard, and by cutting it inthe wrong place messes up the guard, and what ever that spring attaches to. I forget what. FYI.

IIRC, the SPAS cage must be trimmed on the bottom for the shell insertion area, and a slot cut for the trigger assembly. The next time I have mine taken apart, I'll shoot some pics.

It has been a while.

http://www.tk560.com/m41a.html

Jim

Hey Jim

Thanks for the advice.
I actually used your side as one of my information sources :)

I already have cut all needed slots and corners into the cage, following to the new templates on Tommins website.

Somebody mentioned a metal "plate" I´d have to somewhere on the trigger section :confused But I´d like to keep as much of the original trigger -WITH its guard- as possible :unsure

That for I´d need some detailed pics of this special area and some info how the 870 is put into the cage and how the trigger is put on.

Markus

Originally posted by OdiWan72@Mar 28 2006, 05:59 PM
Hey Jim

Thanks for the advice.
I actually used your side as one of my information sources :)

I already have cut all needed slots and corners into the cage, following to the new templates on Tommins website.

Somebody mentioned a metal "plate" I´d have to somewhere on the trigger section  :confused But I´d like to keep as much of the original trigger -WITH its guard- as possible :unsure

That for I´d need some detailed pics of this special area and some info how the 870 is put into the cage and how the trigger is put on.

Markus
[snapback]1214934[/snapback]​
Dude. Harry IS right you do need the Aliens Legacy board. it realy is a top forum with loads of keen interest anh help from all the members

Doug

Been there, done that ;)

But since the RPF is my playground, I´d like to ask here first as I´m sure we have a "few" Alien/PR fans as well :lol

Markus

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back