Need help with Airbrushing/Alclad for Chrome

hollowplague

Some background, Started with Krylon Gloss Black Polished and I tried using a gravity fed and a siphon. .8mm and .5mm. Ranging from 18psi to 30 psi.

I am trying to achieve the chrome similar to this:

uwzpqM7.jpg

evERs3Q.jpg

When I was testing it at my friends how I was using abour 30 to 40 psi with a DA gravity fed but it wasted a lot of paint.
UuxVHdR.jpg

WAMB4hP.jpg

I think this is the best chrome but tbh I have no idea what I did to get here.
QY8WcoP.jpg

I have been reading that the siphon fed .8mm cheap airbrush is the best to use for alclad but when I use it at 15-18 psi it gets really foggy and grainy.
XeKnBN9.jpg

vmRnKZv.jpg

This is after buffing as well. What is the issue and how can I fix this? I tried spraying close and far from 1" to 3" and it still looks like this. These are using brand new airbrushes btw.

You have to keep the Alclad coats light, most of the shine comes from the black undercoat. Apply the Alclad in light mist coats, barely applying any at all. Build it up slowly to the finish you want. I don't know what difference the airbrush type would make, generally a gravity feed takes less pressure than the siphon, but whichever one gave the best results stick with it.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back