Need for prosaide ?

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Xterminatus

Hia guys.

Im soon gonna start on my first project of painting a latex predator head.

My question is do i need to use prosaide if the head is only going to be used as a display head ?

Best wishes
Jimmy

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

PredatrHuntr

Master Member
-is the head fully foam filled so that the latex doesn't flex on any area of the head?

As long as your latex is solidly foam filled you shouldn't have to worry about using Prosaide. I have 2 entirely foam filled heads, but the mandibles are still moveable, so I used Prosaide on them.

If I didn't use Prosaide and the mandibles happened to get bent slightly, the paint would immediately crack because the paint has no flexibility without the Prosaide. I always recommend using Prosaide when painting latex unless the head/mandibles are completely foam filled

Xterminatus

-is the head fully foam filled so that the latex doesn't flex on any area of the head?

As long as your latex is solidly foam filled you shouldn't have to worry about using Prosaide. I have 2 entirely foam filled heads, but the mandibles are still moveable, so I used Prosaide on them.

If I didn't use Prosaide and the mandibles happened to get bent slightly, the paint would immediately crack because the paint has no flexibility without the Prosaide. I always recommend using Prosaide when painting latex unless the head/mandibles are completely foam filled

thx for the answer mate :(