need an opinion

Wasn't there a few posts here recently that said this guy was a recaster? I could be wrong but for some reason his name rings familiar.

The guy builds his own stuff, and does a lot of pieces that no-one else does. I remember seeing the thread about him being a recaster, but I don't recall anyone backing it up with evidence.

<div class='quotetop'>(propsculptor @ Jun 18 2006, 03:14 PM) [snapback]1263543[/snapback]</div>
I don't think it's a recast, but I definitly see a Blade Runner Gun inside .
[/b]

:eek

That's weird, I didn't spot that first time. I suppose it could be a one-off from a kit he bought. If he recast it why bother to cast the grips in amber?

Very strange.

Whose to say that the prop guys for Andromeda didn't use a PKD kit as a base...or were influenced by that design...who knows?
The grips don't look like clear amber to me, maybe just brown.

The question is...does this gun look like the one from the show?

<div class='quotetop'>(Kerr Avon @ Jun 18 2006, 03:46 PM) [snapback]1263724[/snapback]</div>
I've heard of shoddy quality from this guy, not sure about recasting or not, but the workmanship is really not that great.
[/b]

That's correct, this guys quality is usually very poor. He does put out a lot of props that no one else does, however. There is no way this is cast from an original piece, as there are only three extant and all are accounted for. And yes, the PKD was used as the base for Beka's blaster.

Here is one thread on this guy, I know there was another as well........

http://www.rpf.invisionzone.com/index.php?...hl=tyragbphoto1

I know Scott from online dealings, the finished items I have swapped with him are fine, the crysknife is superb compared to the bubbly thing I got from reelprops (no offense.).

He also makes a Fifth Element Mangalore grenade which is fine, clearly turned wood in origin, great spikes.

He warned me that 'Coolmodels' on eBay was a recaster, which frankly I'd already guessed, he also warned me that 'Pantherbuyer' on eBay was a SP of Coolmodels which was a little scary as Patherbuyer had bought a lot of badges from me, which have not yet surfaced as recasts thank Grudd.

I would like to see proof that he's a recaster, he seems to be an avid and rapid builder to me.

He is also severely dyslexic which may explain 'rude' emails. Over 40 and has a heart problem.

The Andromeda Beka's Blaster Pistol Prop clearly uses a PKD as a base, presumably from one of the billions of kits . He sent me a picture showing the custom made pieces attached which are clearly styrene and wood. I guess he could be accused of recasting the grip and part of the frame, but it's not a PKD recast.

If he is a recaster I will be surprised and not a little upset.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back