Need a quick tip.

Abeworks

Jr Member
Hey everyone,

I am working on armor suit at the moment, and I am trying to build a metal style calf armor piece. The problem I am running into with the foam is that i have a big upper half, and I am not really sure how to get the contour right. Should I be splitting the thing up to front and back pieces? Or is there some kind of nifty calf pattern piece that might help me out here.

Just not sure how to go about it, never done this before.

Using 5mm foam.

If I cant ill just plaster caster it lol, and use that.

found a what i thought looked like a cool alternative to conventional calf Armour, this way you can have it as wide as you want ?

fantasy-leg-armor-etched-stainless-lady-warrior-gear-1.jpglegs-armor-splinted-greaves-with-etching.jpgmedieval-splinted-etched-greaves-leg-armor-sca-reenactment-stainless-2.jpg kerpondoshtrs06.jpgmedieval-splinted-etched-greaves-leg-armor-sca-reenactment-stainless-6.jpg

I would go with an alternate if it was just a type of armor nothing specific, but I am trying to stick as close to Edward Elric's style of armor as I can.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back