neck rings

BoSkarr

Hello I am making a Predator costume and was wondering "What am I gong to use for the neck rings?" so here I am please post if any one knows what to use, thanks.

My P1 style neck ring was made by wrapping a clothesline type rope around a neck form, making a mold of it and casting it in latex. You could also sculpt an original setup and mold that up too. Its up to you. Good luck! :)

Thanks man.
were do you get:
clothes line type rope
latex
and I am guessing that you just make a neck shaped piece of clay for the "neck form".

.....I was just thinking about posting the beginning of my W.I.P concerning my making of a Neck ring. Most of my materials laterally came in the mail an hour ago ( or I should say, I just checked the mail an hour ago and there they were.) I’m not going the latex route, but plan on trying something totally out there, lol

I’m using genuine 5.mm black leather cord. It’s nice, flexible yet rigid and has a ‘gloss’ to it that seems to match the P1’s pretty well. Not sure yet if I’ll be attaching some sort of backing, as it seems the coils are fairly rigid enough that once “stacked” and bound to one another, they should have on issue holding form.

Another reason I’m wanting to try this using using leather is because I want to make actual jewelry ( bone, leather, metal) that’s inspired by the Predators neck ring.

~Estelle

2011-05-26212540-1.jpg

I've seen budget Stormtrooper neck rings made from 6 or 8 inch irrigation pipe from Home Depot. Cut a length of pipe that fits around your neck and slit it up the back to get it on and off.

Might work for a Pred as well.

Bo’Skarr, Please forgive my late response. This thred must have been buried, as I’ve not seen it in a while. I purchased the cord from an E-Bay company called ‘Seasons’. The approach I’m taking with this is to fist clean and then once dry, apply a leather dye fixative. Once done with that, I’ll cut to proper size and began gluing each band together to make a complete neck ring. I’ll be using a flexible leather or ‘shoe’ glue. I’ll also back the rings by attaching them to felt. Once that’s done I’ll seal the leather with a leather sealant of some sort..The only issue I’m facing is what type of necklace clasps to use to close the ring around the neck..lol. There are so many options..I don’t know which to choose.
~Estelle

I've seen budget Stormtrooper neck rings made from 6 or 8 inch irrigation pipe from Home Depot. Cut a length of pipe that fits around your neck and slit it up the back to get it on and off.

Might work for a Pred as well.
I am positive that would work but first I have to find a Home Depot 'cause I moved from Virginia to Arizona

Bo’Skarr, Please forgive my late response. This thred must have been buried, as I’ve not seen it in a while. I purchased the cord from an E-Bay company called ‘Seasons’. The approach I’m taking with this is to fist clean and then once dry, apply a leather dye fixative. Once done with that, I’ll cut to proper size and began gluing each band together to make a complete neck ring. I’ll be using a flexible leather or ‘shoe’ glue. I’ll also back the rings by attaching them to felt. Once that’s done I’ll seal the leather with a leather sealant of some sort..The only issue I’m facing is what type of necklace clasps to use to close the ring around the neck..lol. There are so many options..I don’t know which to choose.
~Estelle
I do not care how late you think you are consideringthe fact I have not had access to the internet in a week in fact I made another thread in wihich I talked of a drawing about Boba Fett and a Predator fighting and I can not find it any way I am positive you will find a way to attach them

I used material with a rib in it every 4mil. It looks great in my opinion. But it doesnt shine! Its hard to stick to the latex too so far only super glue works.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back