native american pred?

theBrave

I'm new to the site, been scoping it out for about a month and decided to get my feet wet. so I'm no where close to having money, materials, or the talent to produce a suite, but I'm planing on going to the Tom Savini School here in Pittsburgh to get career in special effects, but any ways... was thinking a predator that has Native American features would be good, considering they are both great hunters.Thoughts?

-Gill

You need to draw manually or electronically your ideas and show them, otherwise we don't know what you have in mind.

I'm a bit puzzled that someone who says they've no talent would want to work in FX. Competition for jobs is extremely fierce and difficult to get into even if you do have talent. But nothing ventured, nothing gained, so good luck to you.

i think the idea is very sound...i've always wanted to see an APACHE hunter or a pred with a native american theme to it.

I tried to add that flavor with a some feathers on my headpiece but i would love to do a bio with a paintjob like that. good luck on getting into savaini's school

AM

You need to draw manually or electronically your ideas and show them, otherwise we don't know what you have in mind.

I'm a bit puzzled that someone who says they've no talent would want to work in FX. Competition for jobs is extremely fierce and difficult to get into even if you do have talent. But nothing ventured, nothing gained, so good luck to you.

well excuse me for the poor choice of words, what i meant was no experience. I just spent a year learning how to make video games at the art institute of Pittsburgh and decided it wasn't for me... so i have talent when it comes to concept and painting and such, just hate 3-d modeling, but i loved working with clay back in high school. sculpting sounds fun to me. i understand the competition for jobs after being in college. sorry i lack a camera to show any of my concepts but i do have them. i was asking for more of what people thought of the idea and what they might do to make a predator look like it had Indian traits that is all.
Thanks for the encouragement.

-Gill

really since the conception of the lair and what has driven the lore of the predators is that have been with us since the dawn of time..and your only limited by your imagination

that includes any period in history from the ages of the dinosaurs to ancient rome to the present.. anything goes as long as the creature maintains certain traits

example bios dreds etc etc...

I would really love to see someone create a native american hunter. I picture him with body thropies like scalps and buffalo hides, maybe a six shooter .....

throw it together and weed out what works for your predator. take a look at the suit thread and you can come up with.

Andrew

Sorry mate I never meant to offend. Maybe my choice of words wasn't correct. Should have said you're probably being very modest saying you have no talent. The reason I asked for pictures is I have no talent as a concept artist and need things shown to me. I can create things I see but can hardly draw a straight line out of my head. Good luck again with your quest.

Sorry mate I never meant to offend. Maybe my choice of words wasn't correct. Should have said you're probably being very modest saying you have no talent. The reason I asked for pictures is I have no talent as a concept artist and need things shown to me. I can create things I see but can hardly draw a straight line out of my head. Good luck again with your quest.

no problem man, I tend to be too modest all the time. i have a few pics and ideas.

predfinal.jpg

predfinal.jpg

few more facial painting ideas from different tribes

Cherokee.jpg

WarPaint_finalcover.jpg

what do you guys like the best. might have to apply it to a pred head to decide though.

Cherokee.jpg

WarPaint_finalcover.jpg

That's more like it. Now I know your train of thought. As Predator is a tribal type creature the native Indian characteristics sould transfer over fairly easily. Just the difficult part of selecting what features to use. Warpaint and feathers would be the obvious ones to use but I would like to see the Indians' bone breastplate incorporated some way. Make him look more primitive. Also think your Apocalypto indian could provide some ideas also.
Keep posting pictures so we can see your progress.

Note - Just read your last post after I wrote this one.

A very good idea the Brave. Had also that idea when I started with my second predator, but it went a different way. A few good ideas are

* a good warpaint. Try the easy mix from black and white
* a necklace in style of the natives + skulls and feet of eagles
* an old school big tomahawk ( I have some ideas)
* use leather and hides (there are some native americans on ebay. I know not for all the fav way to get things, but they are very cheap)
* send you a PM with a very good idea. Hasn't been done yet on the Lair.
* get your insperation on the Grand Canyon, Painted Desert and Bryce Canyon.

Good hunting Brave the Big Spirit will inspire...

A very good idea the Brave. Had also that idea when I started with my second predator, but it went a different way. A few good ideas are

* a good warpaint. Try the easy mix from black and white
* a necklace in style of the natives + skulls and feet of eagles
* an old school big tomahawk ( I have some ideas)
* use leather and hides (there are some native americans on ebay. I know not for all the fav way to get things, but they are very cheap)
* send you a PM with a very good idea. Hasn't been done yet on the Lair.
* get your insperation on the Grand Canyon, Painted Desert and Bryce Canyon.

Good hunting Brave the Big Spirit will inspire...

thanks. i like the black and white war paint the best as well. as for tomahawks, i thought some of these battle axes would be good.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o307/Vi...ockWarjpg_b.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o307/Vi...y2/warclub2.jpg

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o307/Vi...ikeballclub.jpg

similar to the ones in last of the mohicans.And maybe add a powder horn and a pistol

one of my early Pred sketches has a string of scalps on her belt ~ humand and non-human. that might work as some decoration. i'm more in favour of bows than those clubs though. tomahawks would work tho!

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back