National Treasure 3....will it happen?

Jedifyfe

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
It's been almost 5 years since NT2 was released I have seen rumors about NT3. I really want to know if this is going to happen. It's a great franchise that has yet to "jump the shark", although Nick Cage has...several times.

PLEASE Turteltaub....make NT3!!

They definitely should.. Been hearing about a lot of Sequels and remakes past few years and a lot of them still aren't in the works.. This, Son of the Last Starfighter, Goonies II etc..

Given the amount of crap NC has done in the last five years, you could atleast assume that he wouldn't have knocked back the work if the opportunity arose so it has to be down to the powers at be. I would've thought Cage would've been pushing for a new NT in any way he can given his past crap....NT is the only thing he has going for him these days (in my opinion anyway) (and as Brad says, it's been almost 5 years but if they do it right, I could be great fun.

The only concern I have with an NT3 movie is cost to me. If a new movie is indeed made....it's a stick on that the talented NT heads of the RPF will no doubt start offering a load of cool NT stuff to buy. I've not even finished my NT1 collection yet!:rolleyes:lol

Redlettermedia criticised it as "those dumb nicholas cage movies" in their Indy 4 review. I'm a fan of theirs and national treasure, so it kind of offended me that they thought NT was..bad..because I think NT is brilliant..anything wrong with NT?

I hope they make a threequel.

It's one of the things I disagree with RedLetterMedia. I believe that National Treasure 1 was brilliant, NT2 was really good as well. :thumbsup

Given the amount of crap NC has done in the last five years, you could atleast assume that he wouldn't have knocked back the work if the opportunity arose so it has to be down to the powers at be. I would've thought Cage would've been pushing for a new NT in any way he can given his past crap....NT is the only thing he has going for him these days (in my opinion anyway) (and as Brad says, it's been almost 5 years but if they do it right, I could be great fun.

The only concern I have with an NT3 movie is cost to me. If a new movie is indeed made....it's a stick on that the talented NT heads of the RPF will no doubt start offering a load of cool NT stuff to buy. I've not even finished my NT1 collection yet!:rolleyes:lol

Considering his financial problems, you'd think he'd be the driving force behind a NT3. It oughta be a mega payday for him.

I want to know this too!!! I've been waiting for so long for another sequel, especially with the whole page 47 cliff hanger. I read though that they are set to release the movie in 2014 or so, which is absurd, since NT2 was released in 2007!

Ghost Rider II did very very poorly.

For N.T. 3 this could be good or bad.

Good-Nicholas Cage would not be able to ask much for salary. He probably would not try rather interested in a big hit more than a big check.

Bad-With his string of bombs continuing the powers may decide it's not worth doing even though it's one of the few sequels that made more than the original if memory serves. I also am wondering if they were waiting to see how Ghost Rider II did.

I agree if NT3 comes out it would be bad for my pocketbook as well.

I agree, I can rewatch them and enjoy them every time. I hope they make a 3rd...they help start to fill a small part of the big gap where Indiana Jones used to live.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back