My WIP Iron Man MK VI (Moebius)

CSwick2

I haven't made much progress on this yet, but I have test fitted the parts, purchased all of the LEDs I'll need (yep, it's getting lit up in true Stark fashion lol) and even designed a (in my opinion) modest display case for it. Here's a few images to start off with, I'll update this thread as I go.

Test-fit of the entire model (no glue, paint, or lights):

test_fit___pre_light_up_by_fmhqbattousai-d53tnha.jpg

Testing an SMD LED in the extended hand (white plastic piece is not installed) :

it__s_not_a_weapon__it__s_a_flight_stabilizer_by_fmhqbattousai-d55qpi5.jpg

3D modeled display case :

display_idea_for_completed_model_by_fmhqbattousai-d55zxdm.jpg

I will be powering all of the lights (including those in the display case Stark Industries logo) using the magic of USB lol

My inspiration for even buying this model in the first place came after seeing youngwm and Muzza's completed and lit up models.

Thoughts?

Thanks! It will probably be a while, as I'm still waiting on resistors (ordered them in bulk off evilbay lol) and some better model cement.... Testors squeeze tubes just aren't friendly when you have big hands....and I do not want to have to do a ton of repair-work on this kit.

So hopefully the resistors and the tamiya extra-thin cement I ordered will be coming in and I can start wiring/gluing and prepping for paint.

I'll keep you posted! haha

Edit : Since I don't want to Double-Post...here's a new picture. Testing the USB Power source with a 3.6v 20mA SMD "Cool White" LED. 82ohm resistor seems to be the way to go with these guys lol

led_power___stark_style_by_fmhqbattousai-d570gda.jpg

Last edited:
Re: My WIP Iron Man MK VI (Moebius) -Pic Heavy

Sorry for multi-posting. But I have updates lol

Test fitting the lighting :
pre_primer_test_fit_of_wiring_by_fmhqbattousai-d59wv0t.jpg

First coat of primer (inside and outside) is on, wiring/lighting is done but isn't permanently installed yet (it's next) :

spray_primer_by_fmhqbattousai-d59wujp.jpg

Tamiya "Fine Surface Primer" is pretty much amazing. I have a few touchup spots that need to be addressed, and seam-lines, but after that's done and I spray the next coat of primer, this should come out nicely.

Last edited:
Thanks!

It's just the 1/8th scale MK VI model kit by Moebius Models. You can get it from several websites. I got mine off of Amazon.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back