My Vader. Complete.

SHalamar

DarthMarc.jpg

The pic isn't the greatest. But I am DONE.

Many thanks to the RPF for thier help.

First of all, to my wife. She aho allowed this to happen.

KevVader, aka: Darth Enabler for the JB helmet. It is a work of beauty.

Dark Shadow: For the Codpeice. He 'claims' it was scuffed and damaged. I like it. :)

shunned: for selling me the Gino Chestbox, and forcing me towards ROTJ.

Darth Clayton: For the armor. Much better than the tiny set I first had.

gonk27: for the cape hook. He didn't even charge me for them, AND he shipped them from the UK.

Durastel Corperation: For the belt. Its big, its heavy, and complements the costume exceptionally well.

and to EVERYONE else who gave me comments, and encouragement. Joining the RPF is the best (and most expensive) thing I have ever done. But, My Vader is complete (as much as it is ever complete). In fact, I've just submitted my application to the 501'st. I can't wait. :D

Wow fantastic effort... I aspire to the same greatness one day. Goodto see you giving credit to the helper too;)

Warm Regards
TAZ

great job, you really look the part, i have been working on my helmet and armor today, still early days but its inspiring to see others pass the finish line..

Looks fantastic brotha...and for the record, from the time that you started to the time that you finished...that was what....3 - 4 months?...if that? I think that's a record.

Nice job. :thumbsup

You have done an outstanding job :thumbsup

It's fantastic. and the fact that you made a lot of the parts yourself is truely a credit to you.

Congratulations :)

Cheers,

Kraig

Wow. That's Impressive, most impressive. :thumbsup

<div class='quotetop'>(KevVader @ Jun 10 2006, 08:39 AM) [snapback]1259590[/snapback]</div>
... from the time that you started to the time that you finished...that was what....3 - 4 months?...if that? I think that's a record.
[/b]

Ok. Here are some MUCH better pics for you guys to nit-pick about. :p

Still, Its a good outfit. Though I think I made the hole for the cape hook a trifle too high.

dmfulloutside.jpg
dmtorsooutside.jpg
dmfulloutsideside.jpg
dmoutsidebrokensaber.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(jedivigneri @ Jun 10 2006, 07:44 PM) [snapback]1259901[/snapback]</div>
FANTASTIC... :) WHO MADE UR BODY SUIT? IS THAT LEATHER? is that GH armor? SWEET... curt ;)
[/b]

My wife made the bodysuit, and yes, it is leather.

The aror is Phoenix armor. And is very nice. :)

Looks excellent. I look forward to seeing it in person at the Seattle prop party.

I know you've put a lot of effort into it and it looks great. Congratulations.

You certainly have the stature of Vader :).

I would recommend keeping the codpiece and belt horizontal...closer to the chestbox...makes for a more balanced look :). Otherwise it's looking really nice....great poses...

<div class='quotetop'>(SithLord @ Jun 12 2006, 06:51 PM) [snapback]1260806[/snapback]</div>

I would recommend keeping the codpiece and belt horizontal...closer to the chestbox...makes for a more balanced look :). Otherwise it's looking really nice....great poses...
[/b]

Yeah. Now that its done, I'm still learning how to WEAR the outfit. With the belt, and cod, keeping them straight and level seems to be a chore. I took the vader out for a test 'walk' around the block over the weekend and I had a wardrobe malfuncton. The Codpeice slipped off. *sigh*

<div class='quotetop'>(SHalamar @ Jun 13 2006, 12:04 PM) [snapback]1261057[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(SithLord @ Jun 12 2006, 06:51 PM) [snapback]1260806[/snapback]

[/b]

Yeah. Now that its done, I'm still learning how to WEAR the outfit. With the belt, and cod, keeping them straight and level seems to be a chore. I took the vader out for a test 'walk' around the block over the weekend and I had a wardrobe malfuncton. The Codpeice slipped off. *sigh*
[/b][/quote]

It all comes in good time my friend, it's all a learning experience. :)

Nice work. Are you wearing that to the next GT event this weekend?

I'll be there (haven't been posting much on any boards, but you probably have seen my wifes posts a bunch, she's XO of Alpha Base.)

<div class='quotetop'>(badger @ Jun 13 2006, 09:51 PM) [snapback]1261425[/snapback]</div>

I'll be there (haven't been posting much on any boards, but you probably have seen my wifes posts a bunch, she's XO of Alpha Base.)
[/b]

Yeah. I'll be at the EMP this weekend for the event. They asked me to go, as soon as they saw my outfit.. even before I was approved. :)

I hope it all goes well. But I am looking forward to my first event.

Nice. See you there, I'll probably be in Rebel Pilot since my RFT molds won't be done in time.

I know our main vader is kind of MIA, and the Brandon up and moved (miss ya buddy.) back to CA..

badger

<div class='quotetop'>(SHalamar @ Jun 14 2006, 07:01 AM) [snapback]1261428[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(badger @ Jun 13 2006, 09:51 PM) [snapback]1261425[/snapback]

[/b]

Yeah. I'll be at the EMP this weekend for the event. They asked me to go, as soon as they saw my outfit.. even before I was approved. :)

[/b][/quote]
That's one huge compliment and huge vote of confidense. Congratulations.

I think you will look amazing. Will you be the only Vader?

<div class='quotetop'>(NoHumorMan @ Jun 14 2006, 02:24 AM) [snapback]1261486[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(SHalamar @ Jun 14 2006, 07:01 AM) [snapback]1261428[/snapback]
<div class='quotetop'>(badger @ Jun 13 2006, 09:51 PM) [snapback]1261425[/snapback]

[/b]

[/b][/quote]
That's one huge compliment and huge vote of confidense. Congratulations.

I think you will look amazing. Will you be the only Vader?
[/b][/quote]

I believe I will be, yes. They wanted a couple 'face' characters there. One guy has a Boba, and a Vader, but prefers his Boba, so asked me if I could go as Vader via VERY short notice. I couldn't pass it up.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back