My Todd's Costumes DL-44 ANH Han Solo Blaster replica

cking

Sr Member
Hi all,

Now that I've got my display room up and running again, I wanted to show my latest ANH Han Solo DL-44 Blaster replica. This one was purchased fully finished from Todd Coyle at Todd's Costumes.
What I love about this is that the weathering on the scope bracket and thumbscrews are silk-screened onto the parts using a template that was created from hi-res copies of the original Blaster prop photo that appears in the Star Wars Chronicles book. It's a brilliant technique that achieves a very accurate result.

I had a custom display stand made for it by a seller on Etsy and the name plaque is made by Ariel Martinez using artwork that I did to match the size and style of the old ICONS name plaques (which came with their Sabers and Blaster props back in the day).

Thanks for looking.

Chris

Attachments

• 20200103_142758-1.jpg
    20200103_142758-1.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 559
  • ck7.jpg
    ck7.jpg
    576.3 KB · Views: 771
  • IMG-8152.jpg
    IMG-8152.jpg
    609.6 KB · Views: 542
  • thepcmodelshop-Han Blaster Stand2.jpg
    thepcmodelshop-Han Blaster Stand2.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 497
I, likewise, just received my weathered/battle worn DL-44 from Todd's. I absolutely love the weathering. I've been looking, & lusting, after one of these for years now. I finally pulled the trigger on mine about a month ago, & already received it. It's a beautiful prop, & wonderfully made.
By the way cking, I absolutely love your display!!

Looks great. I've been waffling back and forth on pulling the trigger on one of these for a while. This is very tempting. I also absolutely love the Kenner card display.

That is awesome. I'll add my name to the list of people who have been going back and forth on ordering a DL-44 from Todd's. This just makes my decision even harder. ;)

cking what a display?!!! Beautiful. Love the old school backdrop! When u say “silk-screened” for the rail markings do u mean it’s basically a sticker on top of the rail and screws? It’s not actually scratched or carved into the paint itself? Interesting approach if so..

Hi all,

Now that I've got my display room up and running again, I wanted to show my latest ANH Han Solo DL-44 Blaster replica. This one was purchased fully finished from Todd Coyle at Todd's Costumes.
What I love about this is that the weathering on the scope bracket and thumbscrews are silk-screened onto the parts using a template that was created from hi-res copies of the original Blaster prop photo that appears in the Star Wars Chronicles book. It's a brilliant technique that achieves a very accurate result.

I had a custom display stand made for it by a seller on Etsy and the name plaque is made by Ariel Martinez using artwork that I did to match the size and style of the old ICONS name plaques (which came with their Sabers and Blaster props back in the day).

Thanks for looking.

Chris
What is the name of the seller on Etsy who made the acrylic stand? Would they consider selling more of them?

Hi all,

Thanks for looking.

Chris
Hi Chris,
I'm going to gift a DL-44 prop to a friend of mine for his birthday. That backdrop would be awesome. Would you be willing to grant me a copy to use for David's present? I'd appreciate that a lot. I've been searching all over for a perfect one, and this one just ticks all the boxes.

I would also be interested in this for my own build display if you’re willing to share. Really great idea. Would fully understand if not though!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back