My "The Thing" Palmer Blood Monster COMPLETED!!!!

Re: My "The THing" Palmer Blood Monster WIP

Just watched the DVD frame by frame (Couldnt get a screengrab though.. How do you guys do that?) and yes, you CAN see the monster (even though is covered in goop) burst out of the petri dish...

Ill do a screengrab when I have the ability!

GIMP'ed one!!!

Not the clearest but you can see the teeth and arm!

macBlood.jpg

Wow, I'm with the others who had no idea that was anything other than a blob of blood jumping out of the dish. Cool to know there was more to it than that.

Come to think of it, didn't it kind of shriek as it jumped? The fact that it had a mouth kind of explains things, I guess. :p

That movie still creeps me out to this day, after almost 30 years. :confused :eek

Very nicely done! I actually bought a set of fake teeth and a petri dish not too long ago to make this very prop for myself.

He is done! The petri dish isn't totally accurate, but it was harder to find than I thought it would be!

thing1.jpg

thing2.jpg

PS - If anyone ever needs a petri dish but cant find one, I had this made at TAPS PLASTICS for just $2... it's 4" round and 1" high (too high actually but they can cut it lower)

Boy, is it ever. Still creeps me out, especially the parts with the dog. I'm a huge dog lover and that scene in the kennel just makes me freak out.

Yeah, that part freaks me out as well. Excellent movie though. I'm looking forward to the planned prequel.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back