My Terminator T-800 pics so far

iowadude41

OK Community,
I bought a new tablet and took some pics of my progress so far on my "Scratch built" Terminator T-800. This is my first attempt at anything of this scale, and caliber, so there are mistakes made, but I, and my family think it looks pretty good for a first attempt. Hope you like the pics, and let me know your thoughts, good or bad. I've made certain modifications: the hip joint is made out of a wooden ball finial secured in the leg by pvc locking rings allowing the legs to articulate like a real leg. The outer part of the hip is just a plastic water bottle cap glued on, and I also added the back strip that goes up the leg giving it a more 3D look. The feet are made mainly of pvc, but some toe pistons are out of wood. Plus I made the lower foot pistons to give them a more realistic movie look. The spine is out of pvc sheet, and each vertebrae is separate, but all glued together. All leg pistons articulate except for the calves which are just placed inside the cylinders for look. Now my routing skills suck using the dremel routing bits on straight lines, but still looks ok to me. The pelvis was the hardest to make. I never used Bondo in my life, but I had to make brace pieces on the backside for the curved parts, and then made several layers of Bondo, and sanded smooth. Not bad if I say so myself. I spray painted the entire thing in Rust-Oleum Dark Metal giving it that real metal look. I'm waiting for some more pvc sheets to arrive in the mail so I can create the rib pieces that go on the side of each vertebrae, and the backs of each vertebrae. The base is made out of pink styrofoam, but will be painted to look like a desert scene with lots of skulls. So I can't wait to read any feedback I get or even tips. I'dd upload more pics as I finish other parts. Hope you enjoy.

Attachments

• IMG_20201120_111957.jpg
    IMG_20201120_111957.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_20201120_112022.jpg
    IMG_20201120_112022.jpg
    267.1 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_20201120_112051.jpg
    IMG_20201120_112051.jpg
    310.9 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_20201120_113548.jpg
    IMG_20201120_113548.jpg
    381.4 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_20201120_113609.jpg
    IMG_20201120_113609.jpg
    478.4 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_20201120_113627.jpg
    IMG_20201120_113627.jpg
    371.7 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_20201120_113645.jpg
    IMG_20201120_113645.jpg
    562.2 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20201120_113717.jpg
    IMG_20201120_113717.jpg
    604.2 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_20201120_113734.jpg
    IMG_20201120_113734.jpg
    492.7 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_20201120_113751.jpg
    IMG_20201120_113751.jpg
    417.2 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_20201120_113808.jpg
    IMG_20201120_113808.jpg
    362.6 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_20201120_113830.jpg
    IMG_20201120_113830.jpg
    589.3 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
I'm no T-800 expert but I think that's very impressive. I'm always intrigued by scratch built projects.
Thanks. There's a guy in here that scratch built his own, and it gave me the inspiration to at least try to build one myself. I've got lots of help from him and others on how to do things. Still the hardest project I've ever tackled.

OK Community,
I bought a new tablet and took some pics of my progress so far on my "Scratch built" Terminator T-800. This is my first attempt at anything of this scale, and caliber, so there are mistakes made, but I, and my family think it looks pretty good for a first attempt. Hope you like the pics, and let me know your thoughts, good or bad. I've made certain modifications: the hip joint is made out of a wooden ball finial secured in the leg by pvc locking rings allowing the legs to articulate like a real leg. The outer part of the hip is just a plastic water bottle cap glued on, and I also added the back strip that goes up the leg giving it a more 3D look. The feet are made mainly of pvc, but some toe pistons are out of wood. Plus I made the lower foot pistons to give them a more realistic movie look. The spine is out of pvc sheet, and each vertebrae is separate, but all glued together. All leg pistons articulate except for the calves which are just placed inside the cylinders for look. Now my routing skills suck using the dremel routing bits on straight lines, but still looks ok to me. The pelvis was the hardest to make. I never used Bondo in my life, but I had to make brace pieces on the backside for the curved parts, and then made several layers of Bondo, and sanded smooth. Not bad if I say so myself. I spray painted the entire thing in Rust-Oleum Dark Metal giving it that real metal look. I'm waiting for some more pvc sheets to arrive in the mail so I can create the rib pieces that go on the side of each vertebrae, and the backs of each vertebrae. The base is made out of pink styrofoam, but will be painted to look like a desert scene with lots of skulls. So I can't wait to read any feedback I get or even tips. I'dd upload more pics as I finish other parts. Hope you enjoy.
I love terminator and it looks like you are getting it right out of the first Terminator movie! Amazing job can't wait to see the progress! If there are metal pieces that need to be held together JB weld may be a good tool for you, I don't think it works on wooden surfaces though. But I know what you are dealing with looking for that right part that don't exist, go online a lot a d just look at pictures and think what else does that look like? That has been where I find a lot of inspiration! Amazing work!!!

Looks really good! From your description I wasn't actually expecting much, but the photos look really good even close up and you have all the details. Scratch building a terminator is a difficult project and it's always interesting seeing people's different approaches and the materials and methods employed. You seem to have started from the ground up, whereas most people seem to start with either the skull or arm. How long has it taken so far? I look forward to seeing more!

Looks really good! From your description I wasn't actually expecting much, but the photos look really good even close up and you have all the details. Scratch building a terminator is a difficult project and it's always interesting seeing people's different approaches and the materials and methods employed. You seem to have started from the ground up, whereas most people seem to start with either the skull or arm. How long has it taken so far? I look forward to seeing more!
Thank you for your kind words. I've been working on it since March or April. Right after the Pandemic hit. Needed something to keep my mind off of what was happening. I first read postings from a guy in here that was scratch building one out of PVC, and that started me thinking. I enjoy working with PVC so I found some plans on ebay for a half scale version. Bought it, and then just printed out all the leg and feet plans at 200%. Seems to work great except most parts don't fit together so I have to modify them. Right now I'm working on the front chest plate, and back plate, and using EVA craft foam to make sure it all lines up correctly. Do any modifications to them, and when finished, I'll trace the plans onto PVC sheets and cut out, and use the heat gun to form them. I'll take pics of this whole process so everyone can see what is involved.

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back