My TDK Joker costume

Gamera68

Here is my Joker costume from the last 2 years.

Makeup was done by myself and took about an hour, using reference photos found online. Yes, my hair is green. My teeth are painted with teeth stain (tobacco yellow) to give that garish grin. My eyes are naturally blue, but between the lighting and the black around my eyes, they seem almost black :O

Costume was pieced together from various thrift shops all around town, and cost me under $30. The hexagon patterned dress shirt is a close duplicate of the the one worn by Heath Ledger in The Dark Knight,, and cost me $3 compared to $60 brand new online. The vest was painted green, with fabric paint to match the one in the movie.
All I am missing is purple pin-stripped pants, which are hard to find locally. My long purple coat cost me only $10. The Cupid clone knife I purchased on ebay in 2008 for only $10.

Had A LOT of people ask for my photo, which is always a blast!

680aa013b485351f429b498da84b8154-d5jqm72.jpg

3ea2316e09ea24d42ed0e66eafe2eb8e-d5s211k.jpg

Last edited:
Under $30! That's INCREDIBLE for how great it looks! Major kudos to you! I love how you painted your teeth for it as well! It's crazy how you found the coat at a thrift store! That's awesome.

The only thing I would suggest if you want to take it a step further is to make your hair more messy and grungy-looking. :thumbsup

Under $30! That's INCREDIBLE for how great it looks! Major kudos to you! I love how you painted your teeth for it as well! It's crazy how you found the coat at a thrift store! That's awesome.

The only thing I would suggest if you want to take it a step further is to make your hair more messy and grungy-looking. :thumbsup

Thank you very much! I really appreciate it, and yes, the complete cosplay cost me under $30 (thank God for thrift stores!)

The make up and hairspray cost me around $15 -(including rigid collodion and liquid latex)

Yeah, I know about the hair. It took me over 6 months for it to grow out, LOL. This pic is from Halloween 2012, and I didn't have time to mess my hair up - as the makeup takes me an hour to do.

Heeey! I saw you at the Cosplay Friday party at the Green Room the other week didn't I?

I'm building out a dark knight armor now, we should do a photoshoot together at some point.

For under $30, that's a seriously brilliant set-up! Congrats!

I love how you also painted your teeth as well - that's some serious attention to detail :)

How much did that OTF switchblade set you back? more than $30 I'll bet ;)

I'd love to do this costume, but with my build there's no way I could do it the level of justice you have!

Heeey! I saw you at the Cosplay Friday party at the Green Room the other week didn't I?

I'm building out a dark knight armor now, we should do a photoshoot together at some point.

Sorry for the late reply but yes, that was me. I'd like to do that someday.

Cool look, I'm liking the fancy suit. :)

Much thanks :)

For under $30, that's a seriously brilliant set-up! Congrats!

I love how you also painted your teeth as well - that's some serious attention to detail :)

Well, l I do try, Thanks!

the costume is amazing, and whats even more amazing is the budget, srsly dude great job

Thank you. And thank God for thrift stores. The long, purple coat I found on a whim which helps the costume a lot.

How much did that OTF switchblade set you back? more than $30 I'll bet ;)

I'd love to do this costume, but with my build there's no way I could do it the level of justice you have!

It's not an OTF. It's a spring-loaded switch blade as the OTF knives can cost over $30. This one I bought on ebay for $10
and looks like the original and nobody can tell the difference unless I mention it to them. :) I see. Well best of luck
and try thrift stores. I was lucky to find the shirt (which is identical to the one in the movie) and coat. It doesn't have to
be 100% authentic though. It took me several years to get the right pieces together and anyone can do it w/ patience.

Here's a pic from last Halloween (2013) w/ a Catwoman cosplayer - not my GF... Taken outside of Club Fate in Hallandale Beach, FL
(Gulfstream Park)

joker_and_catwoman_halloween_2013_by_gamera68-d6smf4b.jpg

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back