My Spidey complete

pandatrooper

Just thought I'd post some pics of my completed Spidey!

This was a custom print from Spidey4fun. It's based on the movie style suit, with grid pattern and printed webs and emblem, but with a much darker webbing tone. I wasn't a huge fan of the silver webbing in the Raimi films, and I wanted to create a combination of comic elements and movie elements.

I sculpted the eye frames and cast them in some different materials including urethane and Smooth on Onyx. I wanted them to be slightly bigger and thicker than the movie frames, with "swoopy" lines like the comics, but not quite Romita and not quite McFarlane. Again, a combination of movie / comic look. The lenses are very fine steel mesh, airbrushed black on one side and several coats of white on the outside.
The face shell was from AzSpidey, and I trimmed out the eye holes and drilled a grid of holes in the mouth area for ventilation.

I'm fairly lean, so I was going after the "defined muscle but still slim teenage Spidey look". :)
I created a subtle upper body muscle suit that utilized foam shoulder pads for the shoulders, biceps, triceps and some custom trimmed foam for the pectoral muscles. This was worn under a tight fitting compression top. For the bottoms, I used a dance belt with some thin custom cut foam padding and some lycra lance pants on top.

I've worn the suit a couple times and it feels great! Makes a big impact at events (recently visited a kids hospital with some 501st Legion friends on Halloween) and the kids always get a kick out of my Spidey antics. :)

Hope you like it!

6300831266_2fb7215683_z.jpg

6300829000_d62100e8bc_z.jpg

6300293387_c761952ae2_z.jpg

6300291749_5bbf264539_z.jpg

6300825514_6e5f4bcbf0_z.jpg

6300284263_40cce31d2f_z.jpg

Hnnngghh, thats exactly how spidey should've looked in the films IMO. Great work dude.

I also dig the white lenses.

what kind of material are you white lenses made from? I assume you can see perfectly out of them, I made lenses out of reflective window tint and rubber but they fogged up in a matter of ten minutes or so. does your lenses fog at all?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back