my "smart shuriken"

Lflank

Well-Known Member
I've finished the model for my "smart shuriken".

Top view:

5815413253_74653e5a88.jpg


Bottom view:

5815980844_b6a6cea792.jpg


Side view:

5815980382_c5681804ee.jpg


The model was made from clay and covered with two coats of resin to toughen it and smooth out the finish, with some greeblies then attached.

Next step is the casting. It's my first double-sided cast, so cross your fingers for me.

Time to mix some Oomoo. . . .
 

Lflank

Well-Known Member
The finished cast piece, painted but not yet weathered.

5868007136_89b278ed77.jpg


5868006702_bcffa41f82.jpg


I had one hell of a hard time making a casting without bubbles--air keeps getting trapped inside the long flat blades--but after a depressing number of attempts, I managed to get this one without any major bubbles.
 
This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

  1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
Top