My Shiny New Prop...

glim999

Sr Member
fireflypal.jpg

Just wanted to show it off. I'm quite proud of the paint job :D

Very nice indeed. The real LED is definitely a nice touch.

I have one of the same casts sitting here on my desk, and I often wonder how it would look if I actually painted it. Now I know. :lol

Thank you :) Yeah, the LED was something I knew I had to have. Didn't realize I had run out of red ones until I went to get one, so I had to rip one out of an old space heater :lol

adamata- Yup, it's resin. I just used the cheapo spray from Wal-Mart. Started with primer, then gave it a coat of flat black, the gave it a very slight frosting with the glossy, clear stuff (just to give it a slight sheen) The recessed part with the LED was painted with Aluminum model paint.

Angelus- Don't think there's been a recent run. I got this one from someone who had an extra :)

Hey Glimm999 dude..Glad you like it.. Very nice work.. you just told me you revieved the PAL casting on the 28th and you already got it painted.. wow that was fast.. Glad it got there dude..

Luckily its an easy paintjob to do.. After the black. I do use Krylon clear satin. which makes it sheen a little.. 2 cotes and its bulletproof.. ..

Originally posted by uscm buzz@Dec 30 2005, 01:35 PM
Hey Glimm999 dude..Glad you like it.. Very nice work.. you just told me you revieved the PAL casting on the 28th and you already got it painted.. wow that was fast.. Glad it got there dude..

Luckily its an easy paintjob to do.. After the black. I do use Krylon clear satin. which makes it sheen a little.. 2 cotes and its bulletproof.. ..
[snapback]1146875[/snapback]​

gonna display it behind an airlock window? (my memory has it sitting in the window when mal was talking with jayne about his behavior)

I wanted to mention. yall mentioned Shiny?.Its painted Black.. The real unit is black.. and yes its shiny just like glims came out.. black plastic does shine.. its not a flat black..even though you can paint it flat black then clear cote it.. it comes out looking just like the real thing..

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back