Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
[attachmentid=10699]
[attachmentid=10700]
[attachmentid=10701]
[attachmentid=10702]
[attachmentid=10703]
[attachmentid=10704]
Here are a few shots of my Star Trek Next Generation screen used suit. ItÂ’s a late season suit and its look like the name inside is C Borden? I did a IMDB search and it looks like he was one of the stunt guys. The costume is in excellent condition and is very well made. The fabric is a lot more coarse then I thought it would be and it more on the burgundy color side then a red. It has a unique zipper system. Its zips from the top down but at the bottom of the zipper is a snap. That snap looks like it goes to the snap mid way of the inside of the jacket. Any ideas what that is for? Then there is another zipper from the waist it up goes about 7 inches. Also on the waist ban it say #R10 I guess meaning red suit # 10?

The pips are something I had so IÂ’m not sure if they are accurate or not. Also if anyone knows who provided the boots for the show that would be a great help.

Jim
www.wegottafindearth.com

Thanks so much for sharing the pictures. It's really cool to see how the inside of the costumes are assembled. As far as your questions on boots any plain toed ankle height side-zip boot is appropriate. I prefer the "Normandy" made by Florsheim, this particular model was used frequently throughout the shows and movies.

-John

The more that I look at it the arms are faded or dyed differently. The breast plate is burgundy and the arms have a little more of a plum color to them.

Jim

Nice uniform. I bid on it, but alas........

Anyway, here are the screen used rank pips on Captain Harry Kim's uniform from Voyager "Endgame". This, I did get.

captkim1.jpg

captkim2.jpg

docholl or starbuckcylon,

Would either of you guys mind posting the measurement of the diameter of the rank pips and the approximate thickness? And I just gotta say again I think it's really cool that you guys are willing to share detailed pics of your screenused costumes. Thanks again.

-John

<div class='quotetop'>(docholl @ Oct 26 2006, 10:00 PM) [snapback]1345711[/snapback]</div>
Capt. Harry's rank pips are approximately 4mm thick and 8mm in diameter.
[/b]

Thanks a bunch docholl that's one of those things that I've just never been clear on, and congratulations to both of you on winning the uniforms.

-John

Are the pips more of a brass color? I was told they just look gold on screen but brass color in person. And they are made of metal? Or painted resin.

Jim

<div class='quotetop'>(NavMidn @ Oct 27 2006, 07:09 AM) [snapback]1345788[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(docholl @ Oct 26 2006, 10:00 PM) [snapback]1345711[/snapback]
Capt. Harry's rank pips are approximately 4mm thick and 8mm in diameter.
[/b]

Thanks a bunch docholl that's one of those things that I've just never been clear on, and congratulations to both of you on winning the uniforms.

-John
[/b][/quote]

<div class='quotetop'>(starbuckcylon @ Oct 27 2006, 04:13 PM) [snapback]1346223[/snapback]</div>
Are the pips more of a brass color? I was told they just look gold on screen but brass color in person. And they are made of metal? Or painted resin.

Jim

[/b]

They are burnished brass metal.

The Harry Kim uniform is actually a jumpsuit. The top and pants were made separately, then sewn together at the waist around a piece of heavy wide black elastic. Probably the same stuff used to make the waistband on the two-piece uniforms. The top zips all the way down, and the pants zip up to the waist.

captkim5.jpg

captkim6.jpg

captkim7.jpg

ARGH. I wish I could've scored something from the Christie's auction. Ah well... Great scores guys. Screen used Trek is always cool to display.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back