My Sandtrooper Weathering Part Deux!

sithlord23

Hey all, I have been working at my TD here & there this week... I finished weathering my back armor, ab armor, my calves, thighs, and the box belt & thigh boxes. I'm pretty stoked on how the calves & ab plate came out.

I also made my own corrected Ab plate & buttons, out of sintra. Though, the buttons seem a little big :unsure

Some of the weathering, if you look close on some of the pieces, has real sand glued to it, and just in the nooks & crannies of the armor. I dunno, I think it's cool. :lol:

Nothing is glued together yet. I'm working on glue tonight. The thighs & calves seen together in the pics are just taped together for reference.

Thanks for looking, and if anyone has any criticism, good, bad, ugly, I'd like to hear. Well, here are the pics.

Click on images to enlarge.

Thanks for the comments all.

DL 44- Yeah, still using the acryllics. No new technique. Just added a little spice to the mix...and that spice is sand.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(sithlord23 @ Apr 29 2006, 09:09 PM) [snapback]1235682[/snapback]</div>
Just added a little spice to the mix...and that spice is sand.
[/b]

And that's one spice I wouldn't want to try on a steak.

Great work. What kinds of acrylics are you using?

Even without Fullers Earth, that looks great.
If you were to tone it down some and add a very light dusting of Fullers, it would be perfect.

TK1536- thanks man, I am actually working on toning down some of the heavy color right now, so it blends a little bit better. Thanks for the input.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back