My Ruby Slippers - Wizard of Oz

wiccaryan

Hey everyone, not sure if this is the right place to post this, but i always felt the Ruby Slippers were more objects of power, rather than costume, so here are pics of my replica ruby slippers, which a dear friend of mine made :) and yes, they are in my size :) I hope i attached these files right lol.

Please comment, and feel free to post your replica's, of not just the ruby slippers, but of all wizard of Oz props :)

Make sure you attatch orange felt to the bottom of the soles like the screen used pairs. Otherwise the look pretty darned good! :thumbsup

Yeah, the maker asked if i wanted orange felt on the bottom of them during the making process, but i said no :) I wanted the click-clack noise when i walked in them, and only one of the seven pairs made actually had orange felt anyways :) Thanks for commenting and viewing though :):)

Yeah, the maker asked if i wanted orange felt on the bottom of them during the making process, but i said no :) I wanted the click-clack noise when i walked in them, and only one of the seven pairs made actually had orange felt anyways :) Thanks for commenting and viewing though :):)

Well then I'll just shut the hell up and mind my own damned bidniz! :lol

Oh I hope I haven't offended you by my explanation, i was just explaining why they didn't have orange felt on :) Thanks for the comments, i honestly didn't expect to get any.

wow! those look great! and those are some interesting facts...first off, i had no idea that the ruby slippers were orange on the bottom, let alone that only one of seven actually had orange on the bottom

Great slippers!

Well then I'll just shut the hell up and mind my own damned bidniz! :lol

Oh I hope I haven't offended you by my explanation, i was just explaining why they didn't have orange felt on :) Thanks for the comments, i honestly didn't expect to get any.

You didn't offend him. That's the kind of info we like. My Birthday is next week and we're screening OZ on the big screen for the party, complete with Live Characters. I will be Marvel. It's gonna be a blast!

Laffo.

Thanks for the wonderful comments :) and, if you like that kinda info, i got loads more, i know the ruby slippers back to front lol, their in my top five of all-time favourite props.

It is speculated that at least seven pairs were made in Judy Garland's sizes 5 and 6; four pairs used in the movie have been accounted for today, as well as one 'Arabian test pair' that was used in costume tests but not seen in the final picture.

I had a lapse in knowlege, which i do apologise for. I thought that only one pair had orange felt on, for muffling the dance numbers. However, THREE pairs had orange felt on them, for muffling noise during dance numbers, and for muffling the sound of Judy's Feet skipping down a plywood yellow brick road (yeah it was plywood lol). Judy Garland wore primairly one pair for the shooting of the film, but sometimes wore a "sister pair" for certain close up's, when the witch tries to take them in the castle, the close-up of her feet at the Emerald City front door, and for clicking her heels at the end of the picture.

The remaining UNmuffled pair was smaller than Judy Garland and was used for the wicked witch of the east's feet when she was buried under the house at the start of the picture.

Now I feel like a major Ruby slipper geek LOL.

Great looking slippers, im going to be getting myself a pair soon (as i am male im getting them to display not to wear lol) whome did you aquire them off ive found 2 peeps in the US on ebay offering custom made pairs.

Jericho

I'm male too, and i got them to wear lol - i've only worn them once, just to click my heels and see how it felt XD

My friend Chad in the US made them for me, he's a very kind man who is an AMAZING prop maker, he's on this forum somewhere (he just told me) so i'll get him to give you a PM or something?

Very nice slippers. Thanks for posting and welcome aboard. I've always wanted a pair of these (in Garland's slize, not mine :cool ). Laffo, post some pix from your WofOz party.

Pumpernickel

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back