My Rubies Darth Vader conversion -ANH inspired.

What boots were you using when this was mainly the Rubies setup and what are you using now?

This looks awesome by the way. Did when this project started and even better now.

I had Funtasma boots the one with the seam down the middle. Right now I have a pair of ankle cowboy (close enough boots) they have most of the features of the original boots and they work better with the mannequin (plus the rest is hidden by shins)

the shins I have right now are the anovos ones. While very accurate they're a bit too thick and the bottom ( like all other DV shins out there) needs to be corrected to look more accurate.

Next week I am getting an even more accurate belt ( with buckle and boxes ) . And I think I am on the list for a new cape.
I started this project last year to fill up the time between waiting on my 89 batman costume parts and now this has become my main focus. Really happy with it.

One of the upcoming updates I want to do is get another mannequin with a more Dave Prowse-esque pose. I don't want to go for the hands on the belt pose as that one does not fit in with the first Star Wars movie.
So this is what I'd like to go with:

iUM5y6C.jpg

I had Funtasma boots the one with the seam down the middle. Right now I have a pair of ankle cowboy (close enough boots) they have most of the features of the original boots and they work better with the mannequin (plus the rest is hidden by shins)

the shins I have right now are the anovos ones. While very accurate they're a bit too thick and the bottom ( like all other DV shins out there) needs to be corrected to look more accurate.

Next week I am getting an even more accurate belt ( with buckle and boxes ) . And I think I am on the list for a new cape.
I started this project last year to fill up the time between waiting on my 89 batman costume parts and now this has become my main focus. Really happy with it.

One of the upcoming updates I want to do is get another mannequin with a more Dave Prowse-esque pose. I don't want to go for the hands on the belt pose as that one does not fit in with the first Star Wars movie.
So this is what I'd like to go with:

View attachment 838110

There were plenty of times prowse did that in the first film.

935.jpg

Last edited:
There were plenty of times prowse did that in the first film.

View attachment 838189
that is the only scene where he does it. But it's not really like the promos from ESB and ROTJ in those movies the boxes are more spaced about and he has room to put his hands between the buckle and boxes. I meant this btw:
david-prowse-as-darth-vader-with-the-emporer-signed-photo-8539.jpg
Actually they do look similar. But in the first movie they are more on the boxes since they touch the buckle more than any movie.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back