My PR Dredd Pouch Upgrades

Halo_1

Greetings Mega City Citizens!

Just wanted to share some upgrades i had done to part of my Planet Replicas suit I purchased last year. And yes, this has all be done with Dan's knowledge.

When i first received the Issued Academy Nylon Pouches, I made the decision to upgrade em to real leather pouches. So I hit my local leather guy, talked over the basic design and got a few ideas in. That said, these were made...

IMG_7370_zpsa77eab61.jpg

Comparison of the Issued and Upgraded pouch;
IMG_7371_zps370a0bc3.jpg

IMG_7372_zpsa82b69ee.jpg

IMG_7373_zps1c4dd3e2.jpg

And a comparison shot of the IFAK pouch we designed and the replicas from Dreddful's contact that was made available recently:
IMG_7374_zps45ca5694.jpg

And just a little background, these were the Issued Pouches:
IMG_0362.jpg

While the upgrades are still in tanned leather, I'll be having em airbrushed in green and removing the double sided eagle logos from the originals and affixing em onto the upgrades.

More pics to follow once they are finished!

Stay tuned!

Tim.

Curious.

Any particular reason you didn't dye the leather before final assembly?

Really great looking seams!

Thanks everyone!

Nice job halo , they look great ! What will they be airbrushed with , is it s leather dye?

Yes bro, it's a specific leather green dye.

Curious.

Any particular reason you didn't dye the leather before final assembly?

Really great looking seams!

Unfortunately, my leather guy works with natural leather and he doesn't have that particular green, plus he doesn't use or own an airbrush. Anyhow, this way, i save a little on the final costs. ;)

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back