My Ocarina of Time Replicas <Shield Finished>

Re: My Ocarina of Time Replicas <updated: 3/25>

IMG_3662.jpg

That turned out beautifully!
Joann's actually has a few 'chest' style boxes I was thinking about doing that with. The stain I got for my shield would work just right for it too...

Anyway, since the last update I have finally started some painting!
Wet sanded>Black Gloss> Chrome finish, Gold finish, and now this sort of sapphire blue color. I can't wait to pull the tape to see how it's looking!
The red-bird will be hand-painted.
206079_721362312553_57212392_37665864_2931528_n.jpg

18f09c8f.jpg

Re: My Ocarina of Time Replicas <updated: 3/25>

Currently very pleased with myself :D
IMG_1436.jpg

There was some paint peeling that occurred when peeling around the edges, but most of that will be covered when I do the weathering.

Otherwise, just needs Red, Weather, DONE! Then I'll finish off the Sheath/Sword. :)

Re: My Ocarina of Time Replicas <updated: 3/31>

That looks great! This and Twilight Princess style have always been my favorite.

I just spent like an hour making a crappy papercraft eye-switch from OoT meanwhile you were making THAT.

I hate you. :lol

Fantastic work.

Hehe, well... It has been over a year in the making so don't hate too much!
Anywho, I put some red down:
Just need to weather, and done!
207529_747534967343_57212392_37677876_3221431_n.jpg

Nice work. I don't think I've ever seen large scale versions of these before. One of my favorite swords. Getting me excited for the next game this year.

wow, what you've done here is really really impressive. Thinking of taking a *stab* at the Big Goron Sword next? :)

Thanks guys!
@Tanand,
Probably not, I was never a huge fan of the big_Goron sword.
If anything, I would probably work on some simpler items, like bombs, or bottles.
I have been wanting to make a 'real' Hookshot for a very long time though....

Alright, I've been waiting for my 4 lbs. of Apoxie Sculpt to come in... It just arrived so I can finish up the sword and sheath.

The shield looks like it fell right out of the game! awesome work :D I love the subtle weathering and wood on the back! Best OoT shield i have seen, now just make the rest of the costume at this quality and you will have the best link costume ever!

dude that is awesome love how you made the sword so detailed even down to the handle XD love it can't wait to see it all finished and you posing as link with them XD

as for Legend Of Zelda fans they would say THIS IS AMAZING !!!! For the longest time I've wanted to make a Legend of Zelda short film but the master sword and the Hylian Sheild Were the things missing is there any patterns for these specific props???

Fantastic work so far! Your level of detail is just outstanding. I absolutely can't wait to see more as it appears you might be busy since your last post was in April. *Fingers crossed for some more updates soon*

oh wow: somehow this popped up randomly on youtube and it brought me back here.

WOW. I feel ashamed I haven't updated anything with this since 2011 D:

There ARE updates but I've not had anywhere near the time to catalogue them.

I went to college, and got a BFA in Production Design/ Costume Design. Graduated in 2013, and had a sculpture minor.

While at school I got the chance to learn more about digital sculpture and 3d printing, and managed to model and print a REALLY great (in my opinion) representation of the Ocarina of time guard, grip, and pommel.

I lost the file on the school server after the quarter ended, but I DO have the 3d printed components.

Subsequently, I moved, got married, and (somehow) got a job doing architectural ironwork where I since have been able to say I've learned a very high level of metal fabrication... primarily in the facets of welding, forging, and metal finishing... along with learning more about machining (not casting arts).

That to say, I have some upgrades that I have *recently* planned on doing with my shield... and I have a stock removal 5160 Carbon Steel Master Sword blank that I need to finish and replace the poplar one. The 3D printed hilt components need to be finished, and could then in turn be molded and go any which way... Doing bronze and heat-treating for color would be really fun in the future.

COVID 19 might bring the project out of retirement as a "side project" from the Lightsabers "side project" haha

I had actually also sewn a brand new REALLY nice OoT tunic and hat... but never got around to doing anything with that either.

I also need get rid of about 30 lbs of beer waistline to fit back into it (oh.... life this side of college lol)

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back