My newest bio sculpt - Cast today

JaggerWolf

So just finished casting this up earlier today, the paintup is just a quick one with very basic colors. The cast came out slightly warped on the crown due to me being in to much of a hurry - the next casting will be using Aquaresin for the first time.

Sculpt
P1210194.jpg

Sculpt
P1210195.jpg

The cast and painted bio:
P3090293.jpg

P3090294.jpg

P3090295.jpg

P3090296.jpg

P3090297.jpg

Hope you enjoy.

tczombie.jpg

P1210194.jpg

P1210195.jpg

P3090293.jpg

P3090294.jpg

P3090295.jpg

P3090296.jpg

P3090297.jpg

looks a little S&M. nice work. next time, take your time. you have the talent, just need the patience. which is something i am always trying to improve.

Thanks for all the comments Yes patience is something that is hit and miss for me hahahaha some days I am the most patient person in the world....and other days it just seems I can't wait for anything at all. Lately the problem has been I have way to many projects and never enough time to finish a single one of them....seems by the time I get working on one the day is over already.

MasterAnubis -

My mold was made on the cheap side - using tube silicone and then a plaster shell over that using simple plaster bandages. I will try to toss a few pics up of it when I get a chance. Its not meant to last a lifetime but I should be able to get as many pulls as I need from it if i'm not to rough on it.

Thanks. I have been thinking about trying that technique but I’m worried about it adhering too much. What did you use to seal the clay, just a clearcoat?

Yep just a clear coat spray acrylic, hell I have also done it with no clear coat - never had silicone stick to oil based clay, but I clear coat it so that the castings have a nice shine to them

Very Very Nice, it's great to see some more bios come on the lair. What you going to call the bad boy?????????????. Keep up the great work mate.

definitely looks like the bio of a pred from a different side o town, i like it buddy proper paint up (i.e. the colors are good, i just mean weathering and such) it'll look great man!

hey, as for all the slightly warped to very warped bio's out there, has anyone ever tried to put one in the oven for a min to slightly heat the resin back up so you could, un-warp it? i know it's different, but I've gotten a few 1/6 bios that were resin and warped upon arrival, and i put a hair dryer to it for a min, reshaped, and cold watered it and they were perfect!! and stayed that way, since resin doesn't have the flexibility of plastic.

now you gotta be super quick with this, cause the resin is only changeable for about 2 seconds then it's back to rigid again. I'm sure if you were to heat one up full size that you would probably have a little more time cause it wouldn't cool as fast, but i don't know, just an idea for you guys to try, or for anyone that has one that they wouldn't be devastated to ruin (extra?) but i would think as long as you kept the oven around 175 or 200 it couldn't possibly just melt before you would notice. just trying to help.

Funny you should say that Hellonearth - I did exactly that with this bio, at some point after my second coat of resin I removed the hard jacket from the silicone and then added two more coats of resin/bondo mix.....after it all hardened my bio had almost folded in about an inch on each side making the whole mask look much narrower than it was supposed to be.

So I put the oven on 200 degrees and sat the bio inside for about 30 second....it became pretty pliable and easy to reshape, then I ran it under cold water when I thought I had the right shape held. Then looking at it noticed a few other small bends I wanted to tweak....so popped it back in for another 10-15 seconds and reshaped it again. It worked great....just pay attention to what the bio is touching inside as im sure laying on the metal grates inside for to log could lead to some melting.

Celtpred: Not sure what to name it yet alot of my buddies tell me it looks quite medieval so something along those lines......up for suggestions

I dont know how i missed this one...nice job bud!! I think it has a real Mortal Kombat look too ... how about jagger wolf's MK1. medevil names....the black plaque bio or the black knight bio??

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back